HELP!!!! Galaxy Gear Watch Band To Small

Ryan Krezdorn

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
To start off I love the watch...

but it does not fit my wrist it is very tight cutting off my circulation. I am not the biggest guy in the world so i think many others will have this same problem. i have talked to Samsung about this issue and they said that they had many complaints about this but that they will not make a product to increase the band size like a band extender. Samsung said it is up to the cellphone provider to make these accessories. Best buy will not take the watch back because it is fully functional and they blame it on Samsung for not providing a band size in there specs. So now i am stuck with a watch that i cant wear and cant return I hope a 3rd party comes out with a extender soon.

Any suggestions???

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you a Best Buy reward club member?

Reward club members can return items, without hassle, up to 45 days.

If not a member then I would suggest taking the watch to another Best Buy and try to exchange it there. As long as you have the receipt any Best Buy will honor the returns.

However, I'm surprised it doesn't fit? The adjustable strap covers a wide range of wrist sizes, but I guess they couldn't account for every possible scenario or combination of scenarios. :-(

Posted via Android Central App

comestim

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I had to send mine back to BB for a refund. I really wanted it too but it got painful to wear it was so tight. Ended up costing me 25 bucks round trip shipping.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I had to send mine back to BB for a refund. I really wanted it too but it got painful to wear it was so tight. Ended up costing me 25 bucks round trip shipping.

That's ashame. I'm sure you would have liked it.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Damn that sucks. I'm a big guy myself, but I still have two hole remaining on my watch. I'm sure Samsung will address these issues asap. Seems like an easy fix to add some sort of expansion piece to the watch.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Are you a Best Buy reward club member?

Reward club members can return items, without hassle, up to 45 days.

If not a member then I would suggest taking the watch to another Best Buy and try to exchange it there. As long as you have the receipt any Best Buy will honor the returns.

However, I'm surprised it doesn't fit? The adjustable strap covers a wide range of wrist sizes, but I guess they couldn't account for every possible scenario or combination of scenarios. :-(

If you are in your 15 day return policy window with BestBuy, they will take it back no matter what the reason. Out of that 15 day return, it has to go the manufacturer, no matter what the reason.

Bill Oechsner

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried one on last night & it was too small & I don't have fat wrists either. Very disappointed! Someone needs to do something quickly. Very bad planning!

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I tested out a demo unit at Best Buy last night. I was on the last hole for it to fit comfortably. Again I'm not a big guy like everyone else. It kinda makes me think that this watch was made for thin women. Or with them in mind.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Samsung must have forgot about the big Americans that will be buying the GG . LOL....hahaha
I don't think I'm big as well but truth be told I'm 6' tall and 290lb which can be big compare to the small Asians from Samsung engineers/designers.
I have my GG to the max as well (the last hole) with some room... I like wearing my watch a little loose.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
All watches are one size fits most. Now most designer watches will make extra links available to buy but that's not always the case. This is the first product Samsung has made. It wasn't about making a product that fit everyone. Their not watch makers. They aren't going think about all the things that come with making a watch the first time around. Be patient.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You guys must have issues with all watches. The GG follows industry standards for sizing. Compared to a Seiko, Citizen, Invicta, Raymond Weil and Tag Hauer I own, it's max size is identical to all others.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You guys must have issues with all watches. The GG follows industry standards for sizing. Compared to a Seiko, Citizen, Invicta, Raymond Weil and Tag Hauer I own, it's max size is identical to all others.
That's kind of funny you mention those company because all of those have links to add or take away on the band....not like the GG so don't compare to them.
I have G-Shock, Citizen, Invicta and Seiko watches and all of them have a larger band on them then the Gear....sorry, not buying what your selling.:-$:p;)

margee65

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
To start off I love the watch...

but it does not fit my wrist it is very tight cutting off my circulation. I am not the biggest guy in the world so i think many others will have this same problem. i have talked to Samsung about this issue and they said that they had many complaints about this but that they will not make a product to increase the band size like a band extender. Samsung said it is up to the cellphone provider to make these accessories. Best buy will not take the watch back because it is fully functional and they blame it on Samsung for not providing a band size in there specs. So now i am stuck with a watch that i cant wear and cant return I hope a 3rd party comes out with a extender soon.

Any suggestions???

margee65

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with the watch I bought my hubby. Here's how I fixed the problem. First off I bought him the black color watch...so this worked perfectly. If you use the "male" end of a snap back ball cap...cut it off the hat. You need to snip off two of the nubs on one end and use an awl to punch a hole in that end. This fits over the metal part on the clasp ( where the original hole in the band would go. Then you push the nubs into the end of the watch band this making it longer. What's really cool is it's the exact width of the band.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with the watch I bought my hubby. Here's how I fixed the problem. First off I bought him the black color watch...so this worked perfectly. If you use the "male" end of a snap back ball cap...cut it off the hat. You need to snip off two of the nubs on one end and use an awl to punch a hole in that end. This fits over the metal part on the clasp ( where the original hole in the band would go. Then you push the nubs into the end of the watch band this making it longer. What's really cool is it's the exact width of the band.

Can you share some pics.. This would be awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

joeyvaz

May 15, 2013
Visit site

PLEASE add pics if possible. I just got the gear and note 3 today. Watch band is one hole too small. If you cannot add pics, please email them to me at hometheaterjoe@gmail.com

Thanks!!! I really want to keep this watch.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Note that I'm thinking about it I think the GG band was made for women. There's a woman in the commercial and most of the complaints about the band being too small is coming from men. There should have just been 2 versions of the watch. One for men and one for women.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3