ok so texts are coming through ok, but emails tell me to go look on my phone. i thought people were talking about reading emails on the gear???????
    10-15-2013 11:15 PM
    ok so i get that i have to ditch the gmail app and use stock....but is there a huge lag....just sent myself a test email and it came through on my phone but still no notification on my gear......if i cant get some of this stuff going ill have to take it back....its just too expensive for the few things it does do to not work right....
    10-16-2013 12:26 AM
    geez true confessions, i'm a nimrod....so i forgot to switch email notifications in the gear manager....so i did get my test email...i take it we can respond to the texts but not the emails....
    10-16-2013 12:29 AM
    True, there is no way to respond to emails right now.
    10-16-2013 02:15 PM
    Hopefully that will come along with an update.
    10-17-2013 12:41 PM
    Hopefully that will come along with an update.
    Personally, I don't think it's practical to have the ability to respond to email on the Gear? It's just too small, in my opinion.

But to your point, I do wish Samsung would build in the ability to have a standard canned message response that could be sent in reply to emails. Something simple like "Thank you, I did receive your email. I will respond shortly."

This way, if you wish, the sender knows I got their message and can be assured that I will respond at a later time when I'm in a position to do so properly.

This functionality is not necessary, but would be a nice a touch in my line of work.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
    10-17-2013 03:56 PM
    I think it depends on the person. Most of my emails require action on my desktop computer before I respond. For those that don't, my written response is usually no more than a standard text message, so voice dictation could work well for me.
    10-17-2013 04:31 PM
    Personally, I don't think it's practical to have the ability to respond to email on the Gear? It's just too small, in my opinion.

But to your point, I do wish Samsung would build in the ability to have a standard canned message response that could be sent in reply to emails. Something simple like "Thank you, I did receive your email. I will respond shortly."

I was thinking more along the lines of the subject line being visible on an email, perhaps an urgent email. You could have S-Voice read it out, you could do a quick reply but my real interest is in having all email accounts alert me to new emails and not require me to see the notification on the phone if I get it on my watch.

This way, if you wish, the sender knows I got their message and can be assured that I will respond at a later time when I'm in a position to do so properly.

This functionality is not necessary, but would be a nice a touch in my line of work.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
    10-17-2013 09:47 PM
    I don't think I would respond to gmails on the watch that much but being able to view it, archive, star it and delete it would be really nice.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-20-2013 12:04 AM