not convinced and thinking of returning......

Cak3_sq

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I purchased mines from Verizon corporate store and when I was returning mines they offer to give me 80 dollars back if I keep mines

Posted via Android Central App

Audrey Mahan

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Sold my S4 on ebay for $400. Got the note 3 for $270 out the door at bestbuy. (Am on Sprint and phone costs $350 with them) got the Gear for $315 with tax so both only cost me $185. I am THRILLED and loving both devices!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Sold my S4 on ebay for $400. Got the note 3 for $270 out the door at bestbuy. (Am on Sprint and phone costs $350 with them) got the Gear for $315 with tax so both only cost me $185. I am THRILLED and loving both devices!

Congrats.. I can see the smile from here!! :D

And like you, crazy about both devices.. :cool:

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
so i'm totally waffling about my gear. found myself taking it off tonight since it is uncomfortable to wear and type on my laptop and then thought, why am i trying to force myself to like or use this. i guess when it comes down to it i enjoy messing with the watch face....talking on the phone through it is ok but feel the need to keep my arm raised upwards....the notifications are ok but really not that super functional. also the size and fit are a bit problematic for me, one setting is just a tiny bit tight and the next is too floppy.

at $100 i'd probably hang onto it, but at $299......just not worth it for me, at least not yet....i don't know what they could add to it that would change my mind, but i guess i'll know it when i see it.....

Checking back, did you return it and get a refund??? :)

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Checking back, did you return it and get a refund??? :)

I had it put back in it's box ready to return, box sealed and everything! the next day i was working on a project and could hear my phone ringing in the other room. i looked over at my boxed up gear and thought, crap if only I was wearing my watch i could answer the phone and continue working, instead I had to clear off my project pieces and go to the other room to retrieve my phone and check on the missed call,

needless to say i also broke the box back open an retrieved my gear at the same time,

I know it has it's drawbacks and frankly it needs wifi at least, but what it does do is useful and i am still enjoying and using it daily,

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I had it put back in it's box ready to return, box sealed and everything! the next day i was working on a project and could hear my phone ringing in the other room. i looked over at my boxed up gear and thought, crap if only I was wearing my watch i could answer the phone and continue working, instead I had to clear off my project pieces and go to the other room to retrieve my phone and check on the missed call,

needless to say i also broke the box back open an retrieved my gear at the same time,

I know it has it's drawbacks and frankly it needs wifi at least, but what it does do is useful and i am still enjoying and using it daily,

You be super cool!!
thumbup%5b1%5d.gif

I am in process of putting pics and vids on mine...The wife is hating me on this too.. So, I don't flash too much around her!! :D

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Bought one at Best Buy last week to go along with my Note 3. Figured that I have 15 days to play with the Gear to make up my mind whether I want to keep it or not.

Took me only one day to decide: this thing is a complete waste. Essentially, the Gear is a glorified bluetooth headset that can tell time, take a crappy photo and only show me incoming messages (I won't even say reply to them bc s-voice is an absolute disaster). Not only doesn't this watch add much value to using the Note 3, I honestly believe that it subtracts value because using it requires one to use an inferior screen and a much, much slower processor and overall speed than just using the Note 3.

Samsung should be ashamed considering that this 2013 and nearly 2014. As much as I hate Apple, they would never release such a useless and expensive prototype product like this with their name on it. I assure you that when they finally release their watch (which they will as will Google), it will smoke the Gear.

Needless to say, it is going back to Best Buy and the balance is instead going for a purchase that we all know will be impressive and satisfactory for this day in age - an Xbox One.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Bought one at Best Buy last week to go along with my Note 3. Figured that I have 15 days to play with the Gear to make up my mind whether I want to keep it or not.

Took me only one day to decide: this thing is a complete waste. Essentially, the Gear is a glorified bluetooth headset that can tell time, take a crappy photo and only show me incoming messages (I won't even say reply to them bc s-voice is an absolute disaster). Not only doesn't this watch add much value to using the Note 3, I honestly believe that it subtracts value because using it requires one to use an inferior screen and a much, much slower processor and overall speed than just using the Note 3.

Samsung should be ashamed considering that this 2013 and nearly 2014. As much as I hate Apple, they would never release such a useless and expensive prototype product like this with their name on it. I assure you that when they finally release their watch (which they will as will Google), it will smoke the Gear.

Needless to say, it is going back to Best Buy and the balance is instead going for a purchase that we all know will be impressive and satisfactory for this day in age - an Xbox One.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

To each his own......i'm finding i use it a lot, i don't like bluetooth headsets so it is perfect for talking while my hands are busy....i actually find myself using the s voice to respond to texts often. short replies true, but i've evolved a system that works pretty well.

i also love having runkeeper on it.....i walk every morning and while i walk i have my dish app streaming me morning news from the tv. has made me nuts that the dish app closes if i putz with the runkeeper and then i have to reopen the dishtv. so this way i can start my dishtv on the phone, and then putz with the runkeeper on the watch. its small but something that makes my routine smoother. i also like the pedometer on the gear....once again small but is another plus!!

i'm a girl, and i love changing around the watch faces to go with seasons, holidays, or whatever i'm wearing....maybe guys don't find it as cool, i don't know, but it's fun to mess around with the watch styler.....and i personally love it.....

would i love to be able to have wifi on it to access, amazon prime movies, netflix and dish, pandora, etc...sure....but i'm enjoying it none the less....

for those who dont find value, thats what the return window is for. like i said when i started this thread, i was ready to return it but then found things i wanted to use it for and they work for me....calling samsung out is just stupid, if they put out a substandard product it wont sell and they will take it in the shorts, if people like it, and buy in they win. the consumer decides. for me its a yes for you a no.....once again, to each his own....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy