Thought some of your Gear owners may be interested. I used the method found here for finding and loading apps to the Gear.

Right now I'm using Smart Launcher, and have installed Google keyboard, Alarm Clock Plus, ColorNote, MultiWindow Calculator, Holo Icons, MX Player, and Temple Run 2. Will play around with some others through the week.

I'm using Smart Launcher since it's the only Launcher I've found that keeps a clock on the Home Screen. Widgets don't seem to work at all with any Launcher. The only minor issue I have now is that the side button takes me back to my Home Screen instead of locking the watch face. All notifications still work.

Smart Launcher + Apps on Galaxy Gear-r2sjhgk.png
    DAS likes this.
    10-21-2013 04:05 PM
    That's pretty cool. How's the battery life with the changes?
    10-29-2013 09:53 AM
    Thought some of your Gear owners may be interested. I used the method found here for finding and loading apps to the Gear.

Right now I'm using Smart Launcher, and have installed Google keyboard, Alarm Clock Plus, ColorNote, MultiWindow Calculator, Holo Icons, MX Player, and Temple Run 2. Will play around with some others through the week.

I'm using Smart Launcher since it's the only Launcher I've found that keeps a clock on the Home Screen. Widgets don't seem to work at all with any Launcher. The only minor issue I have now is that the side button takes me back to my Home Screen instead of locking the watch face. All notifications still work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R2sjhgK.png 
Views:	312 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	88150
    How is battery life
    11-01-2013 03:09 PM
    How is battery life
    I'm getting my gear soon and want to do this. Hope I can figure it out on my own. I wonder what the battery is like too, especially playing temple run.
    11-06-2013 06:25 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R2sjhgK.png 
Views:	312 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	88150

Not Sure but I tried installing it and it worked but when i go the settings area and go to clocks i don't see my stock clocks i only see there types
    Smart Launcher 1.12.11
    let me know
    04-22-2014 09:30 PM
    How did you customize the home screen to have those apps on it?
    04-27-2014 06:55 PM