Silencing phone doesn't silence GG?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up my gear yesterday and still not 100% satisfied with it but still learning. Is there a way that when you silence your phone, it silences you GG as well? It's kind of a burden to have to go into GG settings to silence it. You may forget if you're in a movie theater or in church or something. Any suggestions ideas?

jiman72

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
You need to silence both the phone and the GG. I have my phone silenced all the time and select the GG when I'm in a meeting or "movie theater".

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks jiman72!

also, i have multiple emails that i use. can i select which email will receive notifications on the GG?
and where is the "find my phone" feature on the GG? I see it on my phone to "find my gear" but not the opposite.

thanks

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes but that will mean I would have to manually turn the volume all the way up when I'm out and about. :/

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Actually, I never touch the volume of the GG. I personally have my set to vibrate mode all the time to receive notifications, phone calls, etc. It's much more discreet.

When I need to make or receive a phone call the volume can be adjusted on the phone.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Another question that i noticed today.
How do i select "share" when i want to share a picture? It is greyed out for me and i cant select it and cant figure out how to.

And how come i dont received facebook notifications whenever i check it to as well.

thanks

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Another question that i noticed today.
How do i select "share" when i want to share a picture? It is greyed out for me and i cant select it and cant figure out how to.

And how come i dont received facebook notifications whenever i check it to as well.

thanks

It appears the shared option to send pics from the Gear is a feature Samsung has not yet activated. It's there, but not to my knowledge it's not active yet. I think it's reasonable to surmise it will be activated as part of a future update?

I believe the same can be said of Facebook, Google+, Gmail, Hangouts, and Google Now. They are listed as options under the notifications section (I'm not sure about Facebook) but only offer the option to view on device right now.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet