New firmware update!

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Per: XDA Forums

Apparently, Samsung is rolling out a new firmware update that allows for full Gmail notifications and others and a text message response template!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
How do you update the gear? Edit,, never mind,, got it.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

jejagua

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
No update for me yet...USA, Central time zone. My current firmware version is JDQ39.V700XXUAMII
What version is the new firmware?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Per: XDA Forums

Apparently, Samsung is rolling out a new firmware update that allows for full Gmail notifications and others and a text message response template!

Just updated but no, no full gmail notification. mine still tells me to check my phone...sigh!

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
From Slash Gear:
Samsung Galaxy Gear Manager update expands notifications to all apps - SlashGear
"You will need to make sure your Galaxy Gear is running the latest version of the firmware. Remember, Samsung rolled out a small firmware update last week. Assuming that is in place, you will be able to grab the latest version of the Galaxy Gear Manager app from the Samsung Apps store. This update has the Gear Manager app sitting at version 1.5.111304."

I am not sure if I even got the small firmware update last week. I didn't manually install it, not sure if it if it auto updated. My Gear Manager version is 1.2.131013. When I try to update it, it says its up to date.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
From Slash Gear:
Samsung Galaxy Gear Manager update expands notifications to all apps - SlashGear
"You will need to make sure your Galaxy Gear is running the latest version of the firmware. Remember, Samsung rolled out a small firmware update last week. Assuming that is in place, you will be able to grab the latest version of the Galaxy Gear Manager app from the Samsung Apps store. This update has the Gear Manager app sitting at version 1.5.111304."

I am not sure if I even got the small firmware update last week. I didn't manually install it, not sure if it if it auto updated. My Gear Manager version is 1.2.131013. When I try to update it, it says its up to date.

I have the one that ends in 304 and even though the Gmail and Facebook apps are checked in Notifications in Gear Manager, they still do not display as full messages on my Gear.

N949KC

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
MIne updated to 304 this morning. I am no longer getting the text body for emails, only "view on device". Is there a way to roll back to the previous version? I reset the gear, maybe there is more housecleaning on my Note 3 required?

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
MIne updated to 304 this morning. I am no longer getting the text body for emails, only "view on device". Is there a way to roll back to the previous version? I reset the gear, maybe there is more housecleaning on my Note 3 required?

One must assume that Samsung is in the midst of the worldwide roll out and may just take a few days (hopefully)

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Settings,application manager,downloaded,gear manager,Uninstall Updates

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
There is both a manager update and a firmware update. The manager update has rolled out, the firmware update has not rolled out in the U.S. yet. Both are required for the new notification system to operate.

Edit: The firmware is available from xda and sammobile (get the U.K. version and sideload via odin) or use Gear Getter (on xda) in the meantime.

Last edited:

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I got an update yesterday morning but my notifications aren't better. I even uninstalled the Gear manager app and still couldn't get the updated notification list in the app. But now my notifications are on the front page of the app.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Phenom925

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I updated mine this morning and it says 1.5.111304 but I'm still getting same notifications even with everything checked. The only difference is they moved the notifications option to the main screen? I believe I have to download the latest Samsung firmware update but I can't find how to...

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
To summarize:

New update for US customers takes away "body content" from emails for some reason.

New update for UK customers adds many more notifications capabilities for the Gear. Now you can read content from Gmail, Whatsapp, Facebook and many more. Check out this thread (with pictures): Official update to Gear Nov 15th and more *notifications*! - xda-developers

You can either download and install UK update for your Gear (how-to in XDA thread - I haven't done it ... yet), or wait until Samsung decides to treat us US customers to the new update.

Phenom925

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I followed these instructions yesterday on my VZW Gear/Note 3 and everything is working correctly. Much more useful now.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Official update to Gear Nov 15th and more *notifications*!

Posted via Android Central App

I've been messing around with this all morning. I've tried everything and nothing worked for me EXCEPT this. It was a pain to download three things (Odin, driver, and firmware M7) but definitely worth it! I can't believe I can FINALLY get my Gmail, Instagram, BofA, Google Keep, and Scorecenter alerts on my Gear :) 100% satisfied customer here.

P.S. I'm on Verizon S4 with stock 4.3

Phenom925

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to mention that along with the support for all notifications, they also added "manage text templates" so you can create custom canned responses to reply to texts (haven't tried if it works on email). I've got 12 responses saved in there and I still have the option to add more. AND they added a "preview message" option that allows you to view the text on you Gear as soon as it comes in without even tapping the screen.

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been messing around with this all morning. I've tried everything and nothing worked for me EXCEPT this. It was a pain to download three things (Odin, driver, and firmware M7) but definitely worth it! I can't believe I can FINALLY get my Gmail, Instagram, BofA, Google Keep, and Scorecenter alerts on my Gear :) 100% satisfied customer here.

P.S. I'm on Verizon S4 with stock 4.3

Can you go back to the US version when they decide to update it? Is that done by reseting the Gear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol