Really upset Samsung killed my Gear

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
First off, US user of N3 + Gear.

As of my last Gear update (MII firmware), I no longer get Exchange emails on the watch. I just get the "Read on Device" notice.

I hear that there's another firmware update that gives me MORE notifications, but it still hasn't been released in US and it still doesn't restore Exchange notifications.

I'm an early GG adopter, so I'm well past my return period. But to remove major functionality like this seems like a bait and switch. Do I have any recourse with Samsung to get them to refund my purchase?

I feel like a fraud victim.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Yup, I have been hearing that all around. I am sure that there is someway to bring you back to normal. I would say this is fraud, or your Gear was killed. All these devices have a year warranty. Talk to Samsung, and call the Samsung support number..

BTW, I didn't update my Gear.. I did update my Note 3, and that fixed my Wifi issues..

ocramida

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I feel the same way. I truly love the gear but this exchange problem basically kills the gears usability for anyone who uses secure exchange. Fortunately I still have time to return. Problem is I'm torn since I really love it and am hopeful it will be fixed. Maybe I'll return it and buy it back once samsung fixes it.

Btw you can install googles exchange client, but it doesn't have nearly the features of samsungs exchange client which enables you to do almost everything ms outlook allows including setting out of office.