firmware update

specops2k3

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Still have not gotten either the gear manager update or firmware update here in Delaware. Anyone on the east coast get it yet?

Posted via Android Central App

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Still have not gotten either the gear manager update or firmware update here in Delaware. Anyone on the east coast get it yet?

As far as I can tell nobody in the US has actually received the update. Samsung isn't serving to out yet, despite the announcement. WHen I talked to two Samsung reps who worked at Best Buy this weekend the one who owned a Gear hadn't received the update yet, either.

shanezam203

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I was expecting it this weekend too, wonder why Rogers and Bell got it in Canada well before the states... Staged rollout to prevent server issues?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Time to just flash the UK version and move on. On a side note, I know I am missing something but where the heck is the Samsung App's "App" on the Verizon Galaxy Note 3? Its not there and I have checked the device, short of hard reset why isn't it there?

shanezam203

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Time to just flash the UK version and move on. On a side note, I know I am missing something but where the heck is the Samsung App's "App" on the Verizon Galaxy Note 3? Its not there and I have checked the device, short of hard reset why isn't it there?

I'll need to find the step by step, is that something that is relatively easy to do?

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Samsung should really be more concerned about the US owners of this device.

All 7 of us.

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

shanezam203

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I used this to update mine: Official update to Gear Nov 15th and more *notifications*! - Page 12 - xda-developers

EDIT: This post has links to the files that will download faster Official update to Gear Nov 15th and more *notifications*! - Page 16 - xda-developers

Let me know if you have any questions!
That did it, and it was Easy Thank you guys.

The U.S is now two updates behind. Just download MK7 from Samsung-Updates or the firmware list on the front page. It's a 280MB files so it only takes 20 minutes to download. Use any version of Odin to install it. Put the Gear in download mode by long pressing the power button until it says "rebooting" and then press it again a couple of times until the download menu comes up. Select "download mode" by pressing the button to highlight it. Long press the button to select it. With the Gear in download mode, connect it to your PC and open Odin. Take the .MD5 file you extracted from the downloaded MK7 .zip and put it in "PDA" in Odin and then click start. You should be done in about 5 minutes and your Gear will restart. When it does, unplug it from the USB cable. There's no downside to using another region's f/w on your Gear and the update process doesn't wipe your Gear's data or settings. I don't think Gear's are different h/w wise regionally so you can repeat the above process when an update gets pushed, even if it's for another region, to always keep your Gear on the latest f/w.

In addition to the notification stuff, Samsung's added the ability to "go to the last page" under "Motion" so when you bring your wrist up it returns to what you're doing rather than defaulting to the home page (clock). You can also customize the S Reply messages you can send when you're on a call or responding to a text.

The Gear feels snappier after the update.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If Samsung gave a ****, they should be embarrassed. We know that's not going to happen though.

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
That did it, and it was Easy Thank you guys.

The U.S is now two updates behind. Just download MK7 from Samsung-Updates or the firmware list on the front page. It's a 280MB files so it only takes 20 minutes to download. Use any version of Odin to install it. Put the Gear in download mode by long pressing the power button until it says "rebooting" and then press it again a couple of times until the download menu comes up. Select "download mode" by pressing the button to highlight it. Long press the button to select it. With the Gear in download mode, connect it to your PC and open Odin. Take the .MD5 file you extracted from the downloaded MK7 .zip and put it in "PDA" in Odin and then click start. You should be done in about 5 minutes and your Gear will restart. When it does, unplug it from the USB cable. There's no downside to using another region's f/w on your Gear and the update process doesn't wipe your Gear's data or settings. I don't think Gear's are different h/w wise regionally so you can repeat the above process when an update gets pushed, even if it's for another region, to always keep your Gear on the latest f/w.

In addition to the notification stuff, Samsung's added the ability to "go to the last page" under "Motion" so when you bring your wrist up it returns to what you're doing rather than defaulting to the home page (clock). You can also customize the S Reply messages you can send when you're on a call or responding to a text.

The Gear feels snappier after the update.

Great info and I appreciate it.

However, two major questions remain....

1) Does the most current (UK) firmware restore the now-removed Exchange email content on the Gear (we now just get "Read on Device")
2) If it doesn't restore it, but it enhances notifications in general, any chance to get Exchange content via a 3rd party app like Touchdown?

Without this, the Gear is literally worthless to me. I've quit using it altogether until I can figure out a way to roll back to the initial firmware that still gave me Exchange functionality.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The way I see it is let them release update out of country first. Suppose they released an update that messed up everything. Let someone else be the ginny pigs. Just think,, when it's released here any day now atleast we know there are no issues with it. :)

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The way I see it is let them release update out of country first. Suppose they released an update that messed up everything. Let someone else be the ginny pigs. Just think,, when it's released here any day now atleast we know there are no issues with it. :)

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

You must be new to Samsung. Welcome!

crisg723

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The way I see it is let them release update out of country first. Suppose they released an update that messed up everything. Let someone else be the ginny pigs. Just think,, when it's released here any day now atleast we know there are no issues with it.

I guess maybe they're working on a fix for Exchange email idk. I did the manual update and it works great.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using AC Forums mobile app