Galaxy Gear and S Voice - Note 2 Rogers Canada

ggrech

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a problem with S Voice on the GG? Even the simplest voice commands are replied with a garbled/distorted "I didn't catch that" response from the GG. I am running the latest 4.3 Android on the Note 2 and latest firmware on the GG?

cburbee

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a problem with S Voice on the GG? Even the simplest voice commands are replied with a garbled/distorted "I didn't catch that" response from the GG. I am running the latest 4.3 Android on the Note 2 and latest firmware on the GG?

cburbee

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes exact same problem here on Note 2. Pretty sure it has to do with a glitchy android 4.3 update for the note 2 to give it gear support. I called samsung and they had no clue. Its still too new. A couple more updates and im sure it will work itself out. My wife has a s3 and went to 4.3. Now her camera flash flashes instead of the led on notifications. This is the worst rollout ive seen yet. Hope they have a fix soon.

Steve Bauer

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
i am having same issues. . bought a second one to warranty swap myself.. I'm not waiting 14 days.. Samsung was going to make me send it in. .f that. .. And second one does same crap... They Better clue in. .. They can't Fix a prob when they don't know if there is one... That will Take a month for them to clue in...

Gary Kapalka

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
talk to samsung and they said it is a problem with the note 2 ,have to wait for firm ware update,they did not say when update would be out
going to take my back,do not want to wait for months

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
talk to samsung and they said it is a problem with the note 2 ,have to wait for firm ware update,they did not say when update would be out
going to take my back,do not want to wait for months

If it's a phone update that means it has to work it's way through your carrier, as well. Probably a smart decision not to wait around, especially since there's a good change there will either be a Gear price drop, the Gear 2 will be released, or both by the time your phone is ready for it.

4doorj

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I am soooo glad I found this thread. It's the only thread on google I have found, nobody else has posted anything else anywhere. I thought I had a faulty galaxy gear, did not want to return it haaha. Galaxy gear is awesome, I know I'm missing 1/2 its capabilities with this stupid s voice gargly voice issue.
Note 2 users have any other issues?
I find that my music controller only controls the volume and nothing else.

I hope this s voice thing is resolved sooner or unless someone else has found a mod to fix it.

I would love to get google now working on it too! That would be awesome.

4doorj

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
yeah it should. But I think the problem is the note 2 and galaxy gear firmware not working good with each other. I could be wrong.

ggrech

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung app store just released an update to "Gear Manager" in an attempt to fix the problem .... it's a bit better - but it still doesn't work :(

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I am with Verizon, and I just got the update for Note 2, my GG is doing the same thing. So I don't believe this is just an issue with Rogers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

4doorj

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
nice got it working. After the new updatw few daya ago it didnt fix it. But... i found if you uninstall galaxy gear. Reset the galaxy gear. Reinstall galaxy gear. Pair it. It finally works! Soooo happy.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
nice got it working. After the new updatw few daya ago it didnt fix it. But... i found if you uninstall galaxy gear. Reset the galaxy gear. Reinstall galaxy gear. Pair it. It finally works! Soooo happy.

Glad you got it working. I didn't have to do that but after the last update mine is working now as well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Robert Hagenstein

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I have experienced the same behaviour. I picked up a Gear a week ago and paired it with my Note 2 and S Voice sounds like it's transmitting from another planet.

There are two posts in this thread I'm curious about. The first suggests that uninstalling and then reinstalling the Gear will make S Voice work. What are the exact steps you took to make that happen? I've tried a few times and nothing seems to change.

The other post suggests that the user didn't need to do those steps because the update made the Gear work. What update specifically is being referred to?

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC