Galaxy Gear Watch update

MArk50789

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This was a firmware update for the watch. For some reason I see no difference. It says firm ware last numbers are XUAM11 under paired gear.

ocramida

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
IT WORKS, Samsung email client for MS Exchange WORKS!

After updating this morning, I can now preview my emails from my secured exchange email client on my gear!

Thank you Samsung! This Gear is now a permanent fixture on my arm.

I'm guessing the UK download that I installed on my US Gear was the culprit, because as far as I can tell the versions are the same as the UK versions.

Fyi

This was a gear Manager update that was pushed to my phone. I am on AT&T.

Posted via Android Central App

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
This was a firmware update for the watch. For some reason I see no difference. It says firm ware last numbers are XUAM11 under paired gear.

No, it wasn't a firmware release for the GG yesterday. It was an update to Gear Manager. That may or or may not have had a firmware release for the GG itself.

I think people get a little confused.

Gear Manager is the software app you need on your phone to link up the Galaxy Gear watch. The only "OTA" way to update the firmware on the GG is via Gear Manager. You do this via app settings within Gear Manager itself.

Like many others, I did a manual update of the GG firmware via cable and Odin...I installed the UK firmware myself. This alone did NOT enable Exchange notifications to show content. I got a lot of extra notifications, but Exchange was still broken.

Now, doing the Gear Manager app update, I have Exchange content showing again. However, I am STILL running UK firmware on my GG. I didn't get any new firmware for the GG as part of the Gear Manager update.

Two different things. So as of now:

I'm running Gear Manager v 1.5.120601...update was available on the Samsung Apps store.
I'm running Galaxy Gear version JDQ39.V700XXUAMK7 (UK firmware, loaded via Odin)

ocramida

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
No, it wasn't a firmware release for the GG yesterday. It was an update to Gear Manager. That may or or may not have had a firmware release for the GG itself.

I think people get a little confused.

Gear Manager is the software app you need on your phone to link up the Galaxy Gear watch. The only "OTA" way to update the firmware on the GG is via Gear Manager. You do this via app settings within Gear Manager itself.

Like many others, I did a manual update of the GG firmware via cable and Odin...I installed the UK firmware myself. This alone did NOT enable Exchange notifications to show content. I got a lot of extra notifications, but Exchange was still broken.

Now, doing the Gear Manager app update, I have Exchange content showing again. However, I am STILL running UK firmware on my GG. I didn't get any new firmware for the GG as part of the Gear Manager update.

Two different things. So as of now:

I'm running Gear Manager v 1.5.120601...update was available on the Samsung Apps store.
I'm running Galaxy Gear version JDQ39.V700XXUAMK7 (UK firmware, loaded via Odin)

+1

Me too. My guess is that the gear firmware has no bearing on notifications. Gear Manager is king in this case. At least I hope so. I'm soooo happy to have exchange working again. Would hate if it broke again when gear fw is updated.

Posted via Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I got the update yesterday..Didn't happen right away, because everytime I got the message that an update was ready to be dl for the Gear Manager, after I dl it, it told me to sign into my account with my birth date. WTF!..Anyway, after going around with that for over an hour, I got the update to install. I got a bunch of pics, music and vids on my sd card..Also, I have mini-gallery installed on the Gear and the Note 3..Before the update, the mini-gallery icon was in asci, now it is in color..when I hit the icon on the Gear to pulled up the pics that are on my Note 3, it hesitated for a while, and just spun. After a couple tries, and restarting the Note 3 and Gear, it goes and grabs everything..Because of it 512 memory, I believe it has go and read everytime you go foward.. Not that I need to, but can vids play on the Gear? that is, the vid be on the Note 3, just like the pics, but be able to be seen on the Gear?? I dunno!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12