Galaxy Gear Watch update

Jose Duddy

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the United States. The state of Maine, I have received both updates on my note 3. All notifications and third party applications running very smoothly. My only concern is the lack of apps. I would hope that in the coming weeks developers will be supplying us with many new apps. I have downloaded and installed wondershare with superuser permissions, and I am able to run third party apps that are not listed in the game manager.This latest update is definitely a game changer.I would like to see an update that would allow me to only show on the watch the apps that I want to show as of right now you have to delete all the system apps, I would also like to see the system applications in color as of right now everything is black and white except for the third party apps that I have installed.if anyone has questions you can contact me

Last edited by a moderator:

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the United States. The state of Maine, I have received both updates on my note 3. All notifications and third party applications running very smoothly. My only concern is the lack of apps. I would hope that in the coming weeks developers will be supplying us with many new apps. I have downloaded and installed wondershare with superuser permissions, and I am able to run third party apps that are not listed in the game manager.This latest update is definitely a game changer.I would like to see an update that would allow me to only show on the watch the apps that I want to show as of right now you have to delete all the system apps, I would also like to see the system applications in color as of right now everything is black and white except for the third party apps that I have installed.if anyone has questions you can contact me

You got the OTA update? Which carrier is your note 3 with ? I am with At&t and check everyday and nothing. Did you have to root your note 3? Mine is stock and I didn't have any plans on rooting it. Getting really frustrated with how long its taking to get this update !

Posted via Android Central App

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

what software version are you on after the update?

Drewdoc45

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I got this tweet from samsung support 3 days ago not happy with it. Samsung needs to figure out what they are doing.

@SamsungSupport: @Drewdoc45 This update is not yet available for your device. Please stay tuned though as we will post more info. as we receive it. ^J

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Support will come. The Gear is JUST 2 months old. You have to give it time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
What does that have to do with my response to developer support?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The "Rome wasn't built in a day" statement is irrelevant when the update has been available, for quite some time, elsewhere.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Just download and apply the UK update. I did it last weekend and it works great!

I trued this yesterday, might not have been giving it my full attention, but couldn't get it to work. Downloaded all the files (I think, wasn't sure what to do with the use drivers) but the watch never showed up in Odin. Any suggestions?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I trued this yesterday, might not have been giving it my full attention, but couldn't get it to work. Downloaded all the files (I think, wasn't sure what to do with the use drivers) but the watch never showed up in Odin. Any suggestions?

you do have to have the watch in the right mode and connected to the computer to get it to push through....i found my watch never did really show up on the computer (like drive) but odin did see it....

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded the update myself. The watch is much faster now. Official update I should add.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

ocramida

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
IT WORKS, Samsung email client for MS Exchange WORKS!

After updating this morning, I can now preview my emails from my secured exchange email client on my gear!

Thank you Samsung! This Gear is now a permanent fixture on my arm.

I'm guessing the UK download that I installed on my US Gear was the culprit, because as far as I can tell the versions are the same as the UK versions.

MArk50789

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I did the OTA update here in the US (Verizon) yesterday. I see nothing different nor any added notifications under the settings tab notifications.
The screen shots I have seen I guess are not what I have.

Tyler Hastings

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about the OTA Update that verizon did this morning or are you folks actually talking about the Firmware update that you have to do through kies?