07-31-2014 05:43 PM
79 1234
tools
    Go to the Galaxy gear manager app on your phone. Tap notification . Below the bottom of the list of programs you'll see.'more notifications', tap that and you'll find Gmail and every other app you have installed on your phone. Enjoy!

Posted via Android Central App
    I had to uninstall & re install the gear manager app on my phone to get that option, But it works now with the new & improved notifications.....

Thank You!!
    12-19-2013 12:59 PM
    You are welcome. Having the new features really makes the gear worth it's price.
    12-19-2013 02:00 PM
    I am on Verizon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-19-2013 02:37 PM
    You are welcome. Having the new features really makes the gear worth it's price.
    Totally agree. Having these notifications has totally changed my use of the Watch. I really am now not having to pick up my phone b/c I am seeing the notifications.

The funny thing now is that I need to evaluate whether I really need all of these notificationa, lol. Have to decide which ones are necessary. One feature request, which I had on my Sony Smartwatch is that you should be able to indicate for which accounts in Google to get notified for. I have one account that gets a lot of marketing junk and I definitely don't need to get those notifications.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    12-19-2013 03:18 PM
    I am really enjoying all the new notifications, but for some reason I seem to have lost the ability to get notifications from the Samsung SMS & email apps? SMS & email apps are not listed in the new notifications listing with all the other options? Any one having the same issue and has figured out the solution would really be appreciated.
    12-19-2013 03:20 PM
    The samsung notifications are just under notifications. Not the more notifications area

12-19-2013 04:01 PM
    I'm thinking about getting the Gear. But I just want to double check with you guys first before I pull the trigger.

The only notifications I care about are from 3 apps -- Hangouts, Gmail, and my work email (which uses the default email app on my Note II) . If I get notifications from any of those 3 apps, will I be able to read the entire message in the body on the Gear? Or just part of it? Or just the subject title?

If I can read the entire body from all three of those apps on the Gear itself, I'm definitely getting it this weekend. If not, I'll wait a little bit longer in hopes it will be possible in the next major update.

Thanks in advance.
    12-19-2013 04:52 PM
    Thinking about grabbing one of these for my wife for Christmas. She has a Verizon S3. My main questions:

1) Did this update noticeably improve battery life at all?

2) I read somewhere that if you are out of range of your phone that the watch doesn't even show the time. Is that true?

3) What is the range for this device? Again, she'll be using the Galaxy S3. This update also improved range I think, right? How's it now?

4) What happens if you have your watch on and you leave your phone at home? (eg. if you are WAY out of range) I'm assuming that "find my phone" feature then doesn't register at all?

5) I know this has "some" water protection, from what I've read, basically against splattering, etc. Should she take it off to do basic things like washing dishes where your hands get wet but you aren't exactly submerging your whole wrist in water?

Thanks!!!!
    12-19-2013 04:54 PM
    Thinking about grabbing one of these for my wife for Christmas. She has a Verizon S3. My main questions:

1) Did this update noticeably improve battery life at all?

2) I read somewhere that if you are out of range of your phone that the watch doesn't even show the time. Is that true?

3) What is the range for this device? Again, she'll be using the Galaxy S3. This update also improved range I think, right? How's it now?

4) What happens if you have your watch on and you leave your phone at home? (eg. if you are WAY out of range) I'm assuming that "find my phone" feature then doesn't register at all?

5) I know this has "some" water protection, from what I've read, basically against splattering, etc. Should she take it off to do basic things like washing dishes where your hands get wet but you aren't exactly submerging your whole wrist in water?

Thanks!!!!
    1) Yes it does
    2) That is not true
    3) Range is debatable. I can go down stairs in my house and into the garage before it disconnects. I would call it above average.
    4) Find my feature doesn't do anything if you are out of range of the watch/phone
    5)I would treat this watch the same as if it was a $3000 rolex. Even if my rolex was water proof I wouldn't wear it doing certain things like washing dishes or using the bathroom or sleeping. Thats just me. I wipe right handed and I wear my watch on the right so to prevent it from touching the toilet I won't wear it. Also I just wouldn't wear it to bed thats just me though.
    12-19-2013 05:12 PM
    Thanks for that response! Glad to know you wipe right handed. Point taken though...

Nice to hear the watch DOES work when out of range. So what all works when you are out of range?

Any leaks about possible wireless charging or other methods of charging this device yet?
    12-19-2013 05:27 PM
    I wipe right handed and I wear my watch on the right so to prevent it from touching the toilet I won't wear it. Also I just wouldn't wear it to bed thats just me though.
    Why do you wear your watch on your right hand?? My dad taught me that my watch goes on my left and wallet on the right.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3
    12-19-2013 05:29 PM
    Im left handed. Born left use my right
    12-19-2013 06:21 PM
    I just don't understand why since I updated the firmware I have lost the ability to sync text messages and email using the native app? Please someone, help me.

They are not even listed as an option to choose from?

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
    12-19-2013 07:26 PM
    Be sure your phone screen is locked. I had to use the pattern lock for it to work, as the pin I used previously wouldn't allow text notification on the watch. I didn't try the password option so I don't know if it will work.

I just don't understand why since I updated the firmware I have lost the ability to sync text messages and email using the native app? Please someone, help me.

They are not even listed as an option to choose from?

12-19-2013 07:52 PM
    Does anyone know how to delete a "Missed Call" notification with the new firmware? I have turned that feature off for now. Whenever I press Notifications, it appears and there is no option to delete it that I can find. Reviewing the log does not do it, either, nor does deleting the log on the phone.

Thanks
    12-19-2013 08:06 PM
    Be sure your phone screen is locked. I had to use the pattern lock for it to work, as the pin I used previously wouldn't allow text notification on the watch. I didn't try the password option so I don't know if it will work.
    Thank you for the response.

I have no idea what I did, but both the text and email are again displaying notifications on my Gear.

What I don't understand is why these two apps are not listed in the notifications section of the Gear Manager?

By the way, mine is working without using the lock screen. I don't like using any type of lock screen, and if I was forced to do so it would not be a deal breaker by any stretch, but I would have been disappointed.

Thanks for the response, and willingness to help. All is well with me and my amazing GG once again. 😊

12-19-2013 08:11 PM
    Okay. I had to come back and let you know that I finally figured out the problem I was having.

Because I do not use a lock screen I have always installed and used a third party app titled Application Protection. I use this app as a defense to protect my financial apps, Google Drive, Dropbox, and other apps from easy access.

In the notifications shade I had turned it off because I didn't want it cluttering up the notifications area. Well, apparently that affected the Gear Manager's ability to show the native messaging and email apps as an option to choose from and thus they did not work on the Gear.

After allowing Application Protection to constantly display in the notifications shade, all app options are available for selection.

I still don't like the way the notifications shade is cluttered with "ongoing" apps (including the Gear Manager), but it appears to be a necessary evil for certain apps to work right.

12-19-2013 08:26 PM
    Wow...
    I just rooted and install UK version last night and been enjoying all the benefits of all of my notification on my Gear today. Now its finally out for the US today and yall guys are going to enjoy it!! LOL...I was just to post that I'm loving the Gear even more with the UK firmware but no need now.
    12-19-2013 09:35 PM
    I just received the galaxy gear OTA update last night. My carrier is with t-mobile I live in Dallas Texas. I notice after my galaxy note 3 push the update to the gear and than the gear rebooted with the update, the developers USB option was missing. It's located under settings, gear info. I remembered that when I first got my galaxy note 3 that the developers debug option was missing, in order to get into the debug option on the phone I had to tap the build number 7 times to get the developers option mode. I tried the same with the gear watch except it's the serial number that has to be tapped 7 times on the watch which is located under gear info. The update is supposed to optimize the gear's battery life, I notice that when I get a phone call that the blue tooth headset is now on the main screen instead of the pull down menu and you can read partial notification email messages without having to pull out your phone. Also, the update is suppose to extend the range the gear is from the phone. Good job samsung!

12-20-2013 08:36 AM
    2 days now all I get is max update message,, oh well.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    12-20-2013 08:38 AM
    Wow, now I even read slick deals notification on my GG directly. This is cool.
    12-20-2013 08:49 AM
    After updating the firmware via Kies I was then prompted to replace Kies with Kies 3. Anyone else get this message?
    12-20-2013 09:12 AM
    I got the same message about Kies after updating. I started Kies 3 and it caught the gear immediately.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    12-20-2013 02:28 PM
    Ok, great!!! Thank you!
    12-21-2013 06:24 PM
    USA user here... Received my firmware update this morning! Glad I waited instead of sideloading.

Why? Side loaders get the same update the same way you did, we just didn't suffer ad long.

That's line saying you are glad you got sick with the flu for a month rather than getting a flu shot and avoiding it altogether. What a dumb thing to say.
    12-23-2013 06:51 AM
79 1234