Galaxy Gear US Firmware Update!

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I think that maybe I'm having a problem with mine and the update. Every time I check for the update it says that "latest updates have already been installed" but seems like everyone else is currently receiving the US update or at the very least a different message than what I got.

Ni Hammad

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I want an update that will stop my gear from dropping connection every half hour. Has that happened yet? Lol

Posted via Android Central App

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I want an update that will stop my gear from dropping connection every half hour. Has that happened yet? Lol

Funny, I received an update today and since then I noticed twice a re-connect message between phone & watch. Neither of which have been out of range of each other the whole day (like always 2 ft within reach). Never happened before. Wonder if the new update has a problem. I'll be watching it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile

Ni Hammad

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Same here since the update. And this is my second gear since the update has been out and so unless my best buy got a defective shipment, something is wrong with the update. Mine disconnects saying it's out of range while my phone is in my pocket or hand.

Therealm80

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
This may be nothing but I have had it disconnect when I am covering the watch with my arm or my hand. May be like the apple iPhone antenna issue.

Ni Hammad

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
This may be nothing but I have had it disconnect when I am covering the watch with my arm or my hand. May be like the apple iPhone antenna issue.

I'll pay more attention to that. Thanks for pointing that out.

calsonicshifter

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
New GG user. Found this thread while searching for my problem. Also noticing that ever since I upgraded my firmware I am getting a lot of disconnects. It has disconnected like 6 times today from the first day of using it after the upgrade. Software v. Ending in UAmk7 ( according to the watch "about gear" it disconnected even with the phone 3 inches away as it did it when I was recovering my password for this site in order to post.

*edit*

Also wanted to note that it was fine before this last update. I have had 3 so far, and after the third is when this started.

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
New GG user. Found this thread while searching for my problem. Also noticing that ever since I upgraded my firmware I am getting a lot of disconnects. It has disconnected like 6 times today from the first day of using it after the upgrade. Software v. Ending in UAmk7 ( according to the watch "about gear" it disconnected even with the phone 3 inches away as it did it when I was recovering my password for this site in order to post.

*edit*

Also wanted to note that it was fine before this last update. I have had 3 so far, and after the third is when this started.

I'm assuming (and hoping) that Sammy is aware and will push out a new update soon. I definitely had no disconnect problems before the last update.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile

ldscalgaryguy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Gear Manager just updated to version 1.5.123002. So far it seems like it might have fixed my random gmail alerts and the disconnects. I think those 2 things were somehow related to each other as the disconnects seemed to happen exactly as I received a new email. Let me know if this works for you as well.

Roger Skepple

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
PLEASE HELP...Recently I completely wiped my galaxy gear and had to flash the UK stock ROM in order for it to work. Now that I want root my gear, it is not recognized by Cydia Impactor, CMD(for adb purposes). My computer recognizes my gear so I have obviously installed the right drivers but I can't go much further than that. I was able to root me gear when I had the original stock ROM on it (US version). Is there any way to restore the US version back on my galaxy gear?? P.S I tried installing a custom recovery using ODIN and the flash only gets as far as ID:0/004>NAND WRITE START!!

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
PLEASE HELP...Recently I completely wiped my galaxy gear and had to flash the UK stock ROM in order for it to work. Now that I want root my gear, it is not recognized by Cydia Impactor, CMD(for adb purposes). My computer recognizes my gear so I have obviously installed the right drivers but I can't go much further than that. I was able to root me gear when I had the original stock ROM on it (US version). Is there any way to restore the US version back on my galaxy gear?? P.S I tried installing a custom recovery using ODIN and the flash only gets as far as ID:0/004>NAND WRITE START!!

Just Curious. Does Gear works with Kies?

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy Gear 1 - lack of Android Wear

July 21 2014
At this time - I am totally sorry I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Gear 1 -aka- sm-v700 smart watch !

The selection 3rd party apps from/through Samsung is dismal at best. I purchased this watch because it ran Android and I thought there would be many apps and Android updates available. As for the Android operating system on the sm-v700 getting upgraded to Android Wear - well it looks like it will never happen. In fact, it appears Samsung is completely dropping the Google Android operating system on the Samsung Gear 1 sm-v700 and going with a propriety in-house operating system called Tizen - WTF !!!!

Will I buy another Samsung smart watch again - Hll no , not at this time ! Now if Samsung came out with support for the Google Android Wear on the Samsung Galaxy Gear 1 sm-v700 then I would change my mind.

Samsung - if you come out with Android Wear for the Samsung Galaxy 1 sm-v700 then I would say a big thank you for you support!

jrisch

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Gear 1 - lack of Android Wear

July 21 2014
At this time - I am totally sorry I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Gear 1 -aka- sm-v700 smart watch !

The selection 3rd party apps from/through Samsung is dismal at best. I purchased this watch because it ran Android and I thought there would be many apps and Android updates available. As for the Android operating system on the sm-v700 getting upgraded to Android Wear - well it looks like it will never happen. In fact, it appears Samsung is completely dropping the Google Android operating system on the Samsung Gear 1 sm-v700 and going with a propriety in-house operating system called Tizen - WTF !!!!

Will I buy another Samsung smart watch again - Hll no , not at this time ! Now if Samsung came out with support for the Google Android Wear on the Samsung Galaxy Gear 1 sm-v700 then I would change my mind.

Samsung - if you come out with Android Wear for the Samsung Galaxy 1 sm-v700 then I would say a big thank you for you support!

Tizen is not an in-house proprietary operating system. It is an open source, community developed OS. See https://www.tizen.org/about. The Gear 2 and Gear Neo 2nd generation smart watches run Tizen, and back porting on to the Gear 1 demonstrates support for it. There are more apps available for Gear 1 on Tizen than there were under Android. The current functionality of the Gear 1 on Tizen at least matches the current Android Wear devices and in some areas exceeds them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

...There are more apps available for Gear 1 on Tizen than there were under Android...
So - are you saying there are more aps and developers for Tizen than Android Wear?

Lets take it out another year from now.

Will Samsung drop support for Tizen within the year? So far they have not supported any smartwatch OS for even a single year year!

As for Android Wear - how many common play-store apps among all Android Wear smartwatches do you suspect will be available in the first year? My guess will be 100 to 1,000 or much more times the number of apps under Tizen.

Also - Tizen only runs (only) on Samsung devices. Android and Android Wear runs on many many many different devices by many different manufacturers. Go ahead and invest in Tizen - good luck with that. Being in this industry for more that 30 years I have learned there is safety in numbers and the numbers for Tizen simply just do not add up!

jrisch

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

So - are you saying there are more aps and developers for Tizen than Android Wear?
Reread what I said - I definitely did not say that.

Will Samsung drop support for Tizen within the year? So far they have not supported any smartwatch OS for even a single year year!
I don't know, but they have released a Tizen smartphone. I think they're just hedging their bets. They couldn't support a smartwatch OS for a year, the Gear 1 was released less than a year ago.

As for Android Wear - how many common play-store apps among all Android Wear smartwatches do you suspect will be available in the first year? My guess will be 100 to 1,000 or much more times the number of apps under Tizen.

Also - Tizen only runs (only) on Samsung devices. Android and Android Wear runs on many many many different devices by many different manufacturers. Go ahead and invest in Tizen - good luck with that. Being in this industry for more that 30 years I have learned there is safety in numbers and the numbers for Tizen simply just do not add up!
I do think that in the future Android Wear will dominate and didn't say it wouldn't. And I didn't buy the Gear 1 when it came out.

And I guess your 30 years has seen the once dominant IBM lose their way, Microsoft fail to capitalise on the mobile market.

My experience of this industry dates back over 45 years. My original response to you was to correct factual inaccuracies. Please don't twist my words just because you don't like what I say.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood