Cleaning the watchband

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
So, i sent an email to Samsung support asking what I can use to clean the band. Samsung told me water and a microfiber cloth. Chemicals could damage the band. My watch band is not dirty yet but, the dirt will come sooner than later (I have the Oatmeal Beige version). When I pressed Samsung about something other than water, they told me that I would need to use it at my own risk.

Not exactly the response I would have hoped for. The watch can be exchanged for another color if needed. Any ideas on what to use instead of water? I was thinking of maybe one of those Armor wipes or a leather/rubber wipe.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So, i sent an email to Samsung support asking what I can use to clean the band. Samsung told me water and a microfiber cloth. Chemicals could damage the band. My watch band is not dirty yet but, the dirt will come sooner than later (I have the Oatmeal Beige version). When I pressed Samsung about something other than water, they told me that I would need to use it at my own risk.

Not exactly the response I would have hoped for. The watch can be exchanged for another color if needed. Any ideas on what to use instead of water? I was thinking of maybe one of those Armor wipes or a leather/rubber wipe.

Sulfuric Acid. JK hehe :p Idk what's wrong with water? How about soap?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Sulfuric Acid. JK hehe :p Idk what's wrong with water? How about soap?

I could try soap. If you soap up the watchband can you get water on the camera though? I was hoping that Samsung would give me better options instead of water and a microfiber cloth. I really want to keep my beige color watch but now I am concerned over keeping it clean.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I could try soap. If you soap up the watchband can you get water on the camera though? I was hoping that Samsung would give me better options instead of water and a microfiber cloth. I really want to keep my beige color watch but now I am concerned over keeping it clean.

It's not like you are going to submerge it in water and soap. Don't use too much, just use enough. Samsung just says to be careful only because they don't want to be at fault if something goes wrong :/

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use the same lcd screen wipes I use to clean my screen. Works perfectly

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Kelly-Ann Peart

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact question. I can personally tell you that water does not work, soap does not work, and alcohol wipes does not work. I am eager to find another solution to this problem. Does anyone else have any solution?

zeidel

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Where did you contact Samsung? My orange gear is now colored/dirty and as far as I can tell cannot be cleaned. Were you able to resolve this?:(

W Estes

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I used toothpaste. I rubbed it in with my fingers and rinsed the band with water. I wiped excess out of crevices with a paper towel. My band looks as good as new.