New Galaxy Gear Firmware showing up on 12-23 (post MK7)

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone else get a notification of a new firmware update (post the recent notification-related update? I woke up out of my sleep @ 4am EST (NYC) NAD went to pick up my phone and noticed a gear update icon. When I pulled down the notification shade, it said new firmware update available. I was surprised and about to hit play, but because the battery was low, I decided to plug it in and accidentally hit cancel on the update. I tried forcing OTA update and even tried running Kids, but nothing updated.

Totally confused because I wasn't expecting there to be a new update. And no, I don't have any custom ROMs on S4 or Gear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else get a notification of a new firmware update (post the recent notification-related update? I woke up out of my sleep @ 4am EST (NYC) NAD went to pick up my phone and noticed a gear update icon. When I pulled down the notification shade, it said new firmware update available. I was surprised and about to hit play, but because the battery was low, I decided to plug it in and accidentally hit cancel on the update. I tried forcing OTA update and even tried running Kids, but nothing updated.

Totally confused because I wasn't expecting there to be a new update. And no, I don't have any custom ROMs on S4 or Gear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yep, I got it this morning around 7:00. Its supposed to increase the connection range and battery life.

Totally stock on my Gear and S4 as well.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Not seeing anything OTA so I decided to try Kies. Interestingly, the update to MK7 required Kies and not Kies 3. Now Kies does not recognize the device, but Kies 3 does. No update available.

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Not seeing anything OTA so I decided to try Kies. Interestingly, the update to MK7 required Kies and not Kies 3. Now Kies does not recognize the device, but Kies 3 does. No update available.

Same here. I'm wondering why as well. Seems like others are having luck updating through Kies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL