Did anyone else get a notification of a new firmware update (post the recent notification-related update? I woke up out of my sleep @ 4am EST (NYC) NAD went to pick up my phone and noticed a gear update icon. When I pulled down the notification shade, it said new firmware update available. I was surprised and about to hit play, but because the battery was low, I decided to plug it in and accidentally hit cancel on the update. I tried forcing OTA update and even tried running Kids, but nothing updated.

Totally confused because I wasn't expecting there to be a new update. And no, I don't have any custom ROMs on S4 or Gear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-23-2013 09:27 AM
    nope not seeing anything here...
    12-23-2013 11:53 AM
    Did anyone else get a notification of a new firmware update (post the recent notification-related update? I woke up out of my sleep @ 4am EST (NYC) NAD went to pick up my phone and noticed a gear update icon. When I pulled down the notification shade, it said new firmware update available. I was surprised and about to hit play, but because the battery was low, I decided to plug it in and accidentally hit cancel on the update. I tried forcing OTA update and even tried running Kids, but nothing updated.

Totally confused because I wasn't expecting there to be a new update. And no, I don't have any custom ROMs on S4 or Gear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Yep, I got it this morning around 7:00. Its supposed to increase the connection range and battery life.

Totally stock on my Gear and S4 as well.
    12-23-2013 04:02 PM
    Not seeing anything OTA so I decided to try Kies. Interestingly, the update to MK7 required Kies and not Kies 3. Now Kies does not recognize the device, but Kies 3 does. No update available.
    12-24-2013 05:36 AM
    Not seeing anything OTA so I decided to try Kies. Interestingly, the update to MK7 required Kies and not Kies 3. Now Kies does not recognize the device, but Kies 3 does. No update available.
    Same here. I'm wondering why as well. Seems like others are having luck updating through Kies.
    12-24-2013 11:03 AM