06-03-2020 11:30 PM
102 ... 2345
tools
    I had the same problem but I fixed it by holding the apps/home/power/reset button (bottom button) for 10 seconds which restarted it and brought it back to life.Not exactly sure if you need this but I also just cleaned the docking hold and the bottom of the watch (The part that touches your hand),I did this because dirt, sweat, grime, etc. can get in the way of charging.👌👍👏🙆⌚🕦📳♾
    leon currie likes this.
    09-01-2016 12:33 AM
    Hi guys I*got my gear out the cupboard the other day and it wouldnt charge or turn on when attempted to charge at a socket?? This is a few weeks old. Take the usb off your 3pin plug charger if u have 1 (samsung s4 charger) and plug the gear into a laptop or a desktop and it will start charging slowly. No idea why this works but it does. I think once it goes completely flat it wont charge at a socket outlet. You will all notice that phones and devices take alot longer to charge on laptops and desktops. I think this may have something to do with it. Charge it to 5% on your laptop or desktop and disconnect it and it will start working in your house sockets (charge alot faster). Happy days
    You are the man(person)! I don't know how you figured it out but I was open to try anything. This actually worked. I learned many times over not to let the watch go completely dead, because it would never turn back on afterwards. This time around I was no where near the port so it died. This is probably the 5th one due to having a warranty they would just swap it out.... I just didn't feel like doing so again and this blog post helped a million... thanks!!!
    leon currie and DblJay like this.
    09-07-2016 03:31 PM
    Don't know how you figured this out, but it works! Thanks!
    DblJay likes this.
    09-07-2016 08:55 PM
    I bought the watch right when it came out. It has given me 0 issues. About a month ago I put it away and haven't used it since I went back to work in the oil fields and figured that wouldn't be a good place for it.

Now that I'm home for the holidays I took it out of my drawer and tries to turn it on. Got notbing, figure it's dead. So I placed it in the charger. The charging screen popped on for a second then went off. Didn't think much of it since it is probably totally drained.

About 5 hours later I go back to the watch, take it off the charger and try to turn it on. Nothing happens. I keep trying and nothing keeps happening. So I put it back on the charger. Nothing. I grab a different cord to charge it. Nothing happens.

The watch is on the pins the correct way, I've tried multiple outlets and cords. This is starting to become upsetting. Please anyone with any suggestions on what to do that would be awesome.
    That exact thing happened to me and I read where someone said to plug it into your p.c.instead of the wall and I'll be darned if it didn't work. It's starting to charge now.
    09-14-2016 10:34 PM
    Mine did the same thing today,so thanks so much for saying how to reset it.... Mine turned back on.
    You've held down the power button for ten seconds to reset it?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-15-2016 11:19 AM
    I've tried many times. I charged the gear using USB cable with PC many hours...
    It only charged the charger dock/credle.
    Nothing happen with the Gear itself...Sad
    END....
    09-22-2016 09:32 PM
    Its work. Thanks.
    09-28-2016 09:04 PM
    I was having the same problem. So I unplug the main charger & plug my tablet charger into the base & it works. For some reason, whenjoy it goes flat, it's original charger that plugs into the socket doesn't work. Go figure.
    09-29-2016 07:42 PM
    Hi guys I*got my gear out the cupboard the other day and it wouldnt charge or turn on when attempted to charge at a socket?? This is a few weeks old. Take the usb off your 3pin plug charger if u have 1 (samsung s4 charger) and plug the gear into a laptop or a desktop and it will start charging slowly. No idea why this works but it does. I think once it goes completely flat it wont charge at a socket outlet. You will all notice that phones and devices take alot longer to charge on laptops and desktops. I think this may have something to do with it. Charge it to 5% on your laptop or desktop and disconnect it and it will start working in your house sockets (charge alot faster). Happy days

I was just say why is that possible so I give it a try!!
    and that was really weird... it's absolutely working.

Thanks man
    10-17-2016 12:43 AM
    I've tried many times. I charged the gear using USB cable with PC many hours...
    It only charged the charger dock/credle.
    Nothing happen with the Gear itself...Sad
    END....
    This is me Right now. Cradle charges but not the watch. Plugged into laptop as we speak. Pins were cleaned on both the watch and the cradle.

EDIT - did a troubleshooting call to carrier and turns out I was not holding the power button past the one minute mark. All is good and up n running.
    10-21-2016 06:28 AM
    Thank you, I too have had my gear Fit watch since it came on the market. I wear it ALL the time and I was having the same problem. It's happily at 18% on my pc right now. You are a lifesaver, and a Gear Fit saver. Happy dance time!
    11-03-2016 10:41 AM
    Was your watch bought less than a year when this occurred? I ask, because the copper connectors on my watch (2out of the 5) had worn off and when I sent it in they told me they would have to replace the same things you said and that it was out of the warranty so it would cost me $200!!!! I only asked for the back cover to be replaced and they said they couldn't do just that and would have to fix everything they found wrong with it. I said there was nothing wrong with it except the connectors were worn off. They said too bad, you either agree to what we're telling you and you pay or we send it back unrepaired. I said send it back unrepaired because I can buy a brand new one for that amount!!! I'm pissed because I love my watch. Lol
    11-10-2016 02:11 PM
    I did the same thing because 2 of the 5 copper connectors on the back of the watch had worn off. They said they would have to do the same thing they did to yours but because the warranty had expired it would cost me $200!!!!! I said the watch worked fine when I sent it to you, all I needed fixed was the connectors on the back casing. They said too bad, either we fix everything at the cost or nothing and send it back unrepaired. I chose to not have it repaired telling them I might as well buy a brand new one at that same price! Was yours less than a year from when you purchased it? I'm very disappointed because I love my watch......
    11-10-2016 02:52 PM
    this worked for me the first time, now nothing except for a vibration when i push the button in .
    11-16-2016 10:59 PM
    Hello everybody I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you because I know what I went through when this happened to me after I bought it after 5 days! , I have tried absolutely everything and was crying on the phone with customer service so bad I told him to tell me something to do tell me what to do to fix this and he said I have tried everything but there was one thing I have not tried, you won't even believe it. Samsung said they are constantly updating and for when people steal your device when they try to charge it with another cord even if it's the same dock that came with the phone it will not charge. I really hope you all read this and it helps you like it did for me cuz I would 99% bet that that that is why it's not turning on.
    12-25-2016 09:18 AM
    PERFECT. Tried this, worked instantly. Thank you!!!
    curtisgee likes this.
    01-04-2017 04:22 PM
    hey, i had the same problem, i kept forgetting to charge it over night for about a week so when i would go to school it would be no use, however i resolved this problem by simply plugging it in to a laptop or computer don`t ask me how it works but it did for me hope it can help you with your problem.
    01-13-2017 09:47 AM
    i have a salution if you didnt try it take a flat head screw drive and lighty scrape the conectors under the watch it usialy is a conecter ishuew the batteries have a full ten year use
    01-29-2017 11:50 AM
    I don't have a charger what's another way to turn it on
    02-22-2017 03:33 PM
    Thanks #gazzaabc , it worked for me too.I just took the watch off the plug in socket and charge it using my laptop computer with a shorter cord.In about 15 minutes I seen the phone charging again!!!Also I pressed down hard on the watch on the charge with the latch opened.You may want to try putting folded pieces of paper to make it tight when you close the latch down on the watch.Thanks so much,you save me from a headache and extra money!!!
    05-22-2017 03:02 AM
    Just throwing this out there...I tried charging my Gear S2 with a PC, docking station, even my PS3, and nothing worked until I tried my PocketJuice....and it started charging immediately (battery was totally dead)....and wall charging was not working at all. Even with 'some' battery left, the wall charger doesn't seem to work here recently....think I'll try a factory reset after it has a good charge.
    07-24-2017 09:08 PM
    I thought I had lost my Gear. I found it 3 days ago and put it on the charger immediately. Much to my surprise it would not take a charge. I changed cords..changed fast chargers...move to different outlets and cleaned the back of the gear as well as the contacts on the charger. NO GO. Then I found this forum just now. I read all of the posts and saw there was a 10 second power button reboot. I did not know about that! I did it and WALA it started charging! Thank you android central posters...I just thought I had another NON WORKING item. lol Will update if it continues to charge and right my world. haha.
    08-27-2017 09:54 AM
    Tried your advice and it finally started to re-charge. Wish I did this 24 hours ago, was getting really frustrated!! THANKS!
    I have the same issue what u guys all said and i am trying to figure it for the last one year.For me it was a gift, so someone please help me to sort it out
    Thanks
    02-09-2018 08:58 AM
    I bought the watch right when it came out. It has given me 0 issues. About a month ago I put it away and haven't used it since I went back to work in the oil fields and figured that wouldn't be a good place for it.

Now that I'm home for the holidays I took it out of my drawer and tries to turn it on. Got notbing, figure it's dead. So I placed it in the charger. The charging screen popped on for a second then went off. Didn't think much of it since it is probably totally drained.

About 5 hours later I go back to the watch, take it off the charger and try to turn it on. Nothing happens. I keep trying and nothing keeps happening. So I put it back on the charger. Nothing. I grab a different cord to charge it. Nothing happens.

The watch is on the pins the correct way, I've tried multiple outlets and cords. This is starting to become upsetting. Please anyone with any suggestions on what to do that would be awesome.
    I had the same problem. My watch charges from an Alienware monitor. I solved it by pressing the two buttons on the right-hand side of the watch for about 6 seconds, then it came back to life, but only the section where it tells you the time showes up; the other ones, such as the step counter, was a black screen. I waited for about 20 or 30 seconds then it was all good.
    04-07-2018 09:42 PM

As someone said, "God Bless Forums" - this worked like a charm for me, too. Hadn't worn my Gear (2nd gen) for a few months and decided I should get it going again. No dice. No nothing! Never occurred to me to plug it into the laptop. So glad I found this information here. Thanks - and to think I almost junked it - bought it in '07 so it's darn old but I love it.
    05-29-2018 10:16 PM
102 ... 2345