Gmail Notifications Repeating

ldscalgaryguy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed a strange issue with gmail notifications. I seem to new getting the same notification more than once. For example, I got an email at 1:20 and the mitigation for it. All good so far. Then around 3 I got a different email, but when I checked the notification on the watch, it gave me the 1:20 notification. I also didn't get the notification for the 3 o'clock email... Had anyone else had this issue our something similar? It seems to be very inconsistent.

ldscalgaryguy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Another thing I noticed is that I have my gmail app set to only show notifications for the priority inbox. I just got a priority, however the only notification I got was from an email in the regular inbox that was received almost an hour ago... hopefully this gets fixed soon... I'm also setting the galaxy gear randomly disconnecting and reconnecting to my phone, even when it's less than a foot away.

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Another thing I noticed is that I have my gmail app set to only show notifications for the priority inbox. I just got a priority, however the only notification I got was from an email in the regular inbox that was received almost an hour ago... hopefully this gets fixed soon... I'm also setting the galaxy gear randomly disconnecting and reconnecting to my phone, even when it's less than a foot away.

The random disconnect has been happening to a few of us (mentioned in another post). It seems related to the last update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't figure it out. I got a gmail on my phone earlier this afternoon, and almost a minute later finally got a notification on my watch. But it was for a Promotions gmail I received on December 10! It wasn't even the most recent Promotions email. They really need to fix this because every Gear user is going to have gmail and most will be using the gmail app, not the Samsung email app.

ldscalgaryguy

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
The disconnect seems to be happening whenever I get an email. And according to the Gear Manager, whenever the gear is reconnected, it will send any notifications that haven't been read yet. I still can't figure out why it's sending me notifications for regular emails when I only get emails for the priority inbox on my Note 3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze