Galaxy Gear: Flesky

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
How can you side load Flesky to your gear. How do you side load the APK on the Gear I'm not rooted nor I don't want to be rooted. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Flesky

You need to get ADB (Android Debug Bridge) set up on your PC so you can sideload by just connecting your Gear to the PC and adb installing the apk file from whatever directory you've put it in on your PC.

This guide for installing the Nova Launcher on the Gear will help (obviously, substitute the Flesky apk for the Nova apk): How to Install Nova Launcher on Your Samsung Galaxy Gear

Note that the USB debug option is not visible on some GGs. This YouTube video will explain how to make it visible: Galaxy Gear - How to enable USB Debug Option {Enter USB Debug option} Developer Mode - YouTube

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I successfully put my GG in USB debugging mode, downloaded the drivers and adb to my laptop. Had no problem sideloading the Flesky apk Yo my gear.

But what are people using it for? When receiving a Txt, the only options to respond are to send a preset message, or using SVoice.

From what I've read over at xda, it only works when also sideloading tablet talk. It received mixed feedback.

Anyone successfully using the keyboard using anything else?

Posted via Android Central App

mr pnut

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

I successfully put my GG in USB debugging mode, downloaded the drivers and adb to my laptop. Had no problem sideloading the Flesky apk Yo my gear.

But what are people using it for? When receiving a Txt, the only options to respond are to send a preset message, or using SVoice.

From what I've read over at xda, it only works when also sideloading tablet talk. It received mixed feedback.

Anyone successfully using the keyboard using anything else?

I'm able to reply back on hangouts from my gear but I I'm blue tooth tethering

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the thread. I too would like to sideload Flesky, can someone else also confirm you can't use the keyboard to freely type on text messages?!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

Therealm80

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
You can type texts on the gear using tablettalk. With null Rom it has stock keyboard and predictable text is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol