Its official, gear 2 by April

pmr6644

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Well I meant what does everyone think in terms of such a quick turnaround on release of the second installment. I think a sleeker design and better implemented software is all the original gear lacked.

Ni Hammad

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Well as for me, I'm not too upset about it. I got my gear for 200 and could probably still make profit off of it in April if I decide to buy the new one. Can't wait to see what they come out with.

Posted via Android Central App

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
So was the Gear 1 just a glorified beta test? Lol

I never did pick one up and now I just will probably pass entirely

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The size of the current Gear doesn't bother me....I wore big and bulky watches before because I'm a big man. If they make it even smaller and less bulky it may look like a ladies watch on me. Smaller and slimmer is more for smaller people (ladies) and big and bulky is for bigger people (men). IMHO
I just want better battery life and more apps please.:)

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So was the Gear 1 just a glorified beta test? Lol

I never did pick one up and now I just will probably pass entirely

No it's like every other 1st of a kind product. Meanwhile I have a Gear that I'm very happy with right now. Maybe I'll get the update when it comes out. Maybe I won't. Time will tell. I love the concept though!

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I still love the concept too. I'm tempted to save towards the 2.0 though.

Jealous? Probably. I was willing to put the money down when I preordered my Note 3 but the Verizon Premium Retailer I went through never got it done. I guess they didn't want the sale.

pmr6644

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to see a built in sms app that allows you to reply with text instead of only by voice to messages received. I used tablet talk on my gear one and it worked pretty well but it was an extra step I felt it didn't need.

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Yup...as I've said in other threads, gear 2 will be announced in Barcelona end of Feb. A couple ppl called BS, but I believe that's when we will know specs, etc.

cachun402

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Idk bout the people that don't like I personally love mine the charge isn't the best but not the worst like come on your still gonna be wearing the watch while your at home I don't. simple charge it when your at home and when you leave take it off the charger

Posted via Android Central App

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to see a built in sms app that allows you to reply with text instead of only by voice to messages received. I used tablet talk on my gear one and it worked pretty well but it was an extra step I felt it didn't need.

You can reply by text. I never use S-Voice to reply. In the Gear Manager you can set up as many predetermined responses you'd like. I have about 20 or so (e.g., Yes. No. Maybe. No Problem. Please call me later, I'm busy right now. Please call me later, I'm driving right now. Okay. Okay, no problem. Thank you. Sounds Good. You're welcome. etc.)

This feature makes responding to sms messages on the Gear so easy, and it really works well.