Turn of the sound on my Note 3?

kongen123

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey! Is it not possible to turn off the volume on my note 3 with my gear? Like, when I go in to a meeting I really do have to set my gear on silent mode, then take my phone out off the pocket and then set the phone on silent??
I want to just press my galaxy gear, and that sets my gear AND phone on silent!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Turn of the sound on my note 3?

Hey! Is it not possible to turn off the volume on my note 3 with my gear? Like, when I go in to a meeting I really do have to set my gear on silent mode, then take my phone out off the pocket and then set the phone on silent??
I want to just press my galaxy gear, and that sets my gear AND phone on silent!
yes you can do that you just need to put the Note and Gear in the silent mode via settings. On gear you could go to settings>sounds> sound mode change it to vibrate or silent mode .

kongen123

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

yes you can do that you just need to put the Note and Gear in the silent mode via settings. On gear you could go to settings>sounds> sound mode change it to vibrate or silent mode .

When I set my gear on silent, nothing happens on my note 3. When I take my note 3 on silent, nothing happens on my gear. So I have to go in and put my gear AND note 3 on silent, every time. Is something wrong here?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

When I set my gear on silent, nothing happens on my note 3. When I take my note 3 on silent, nothing happens on my gear. So I have to go in and put my gear AND note 3 on silent, every time. Is something wrong here?

I don't think the gear will control the sound profiles on your note. I've had to change them individually. Although it would be really neat if t the were synced

53N7 FR0M M4 N073-3 V1A 7A9A7A7K

kongen123

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

I don't think the gear will control the sound profiles on your note. I've had to change them individually. Although it would be really neat if t the were synced

Well, can some one make an app for that! I am willing to pay! It is so frustrating having to put two devices on silent mode, every time..

caddi27

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
This is what I want as well. There is an app for the pebble to where you can set you phone to ring/vibrate/silent from the watch. I would think that this would already be there; or that it would be easy to implement.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I guess it will take a little more development. Maybe on a future software update. I may be asking for a bit much. More usability would be nice

kongen123

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Do we know when app store is open for everybody?
It is so strange that samsung have not put this app in the gear. I can change my media volume on my phone with my gear, but not turn off notification and ringtone. It would be so easy to implement! How did samsung miss a so important app? I love samsung, and only have had samsung phones, but the gear have some serious issues.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

well, i am afraid but you have to put both in silent mode !!

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
My guess is once the app store is no longer invite only for the gear, we'll start to see a flood of new apps.

The Sony Smartwatch has tons of apps and viewable to all in the Play Store. I believe it has a few app options to control the phone's sounds. I definitely had one of them when I had the Smartwatch. I think this is the only downside to the GG currently. Lack of apps. I would pay developers for their apps no problem if they came up with cool stuff. For example, smartwatch even has Google maps that lets you navigate. Very useful if you are walking around a big city that is unfamiliar and I have used it. Best app for the Smartwatch was the ability to type and send texts. Came with a keyboard. Not the smoothest implementation but it got the job done and better than I expected. I suspect that it would be smoother on the GG.

With that said, I hope that what you say is true. The GG would be worth more (to me) than the $300 price tag many are complaining about and I would pay for extra apps with a smile.

Posted via Android Central App

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This is what I want as well. There is an app for the pebble to where you can set you phone to ring/vibrate/silent from the watch. I would think that this would already be there; or that it would be easy to implement.

I've been trying to find an app similar to that as well. Works great on the Pebble. Hopefully we can get an app like that for the Gear.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4