Remove Galaxy Gear notification icon on device

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello android peeps! I have been trying to find a way to remove the galaxy gear icon that's in my notification bar to left corner. I find it makes my device look messy and I can't seem to make it go away. Not sure if you need this info but im using galaxy s3 running 4.3.
Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: remove gear notification icon on device

You can try long pressing on the GM app from the notification bar and selecting "app info", from there you can un-check notifications and hit O.K. The problem with that for me is, I find that I access the Gear Manager from the notif bar all day in order to make changes to the Gear (e.g. change watch faces, downloading Gear apps from the Samsung App Store, setting notification alerts for other apps, etc.). The Gear Manager is vital for changing things on the Gear, so I guess you would then just have to constantly open it from your app drawer instead as an alternative.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the reply and I will give this a try. Opening the gear manager app isn't a problem for me because I have it on my home screen :)

desdroid

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

It seems to be impossible to remove Gear Manager from the notification drawer by unchecking the check box.

How to do it?

pimpinclown

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Hello android peeps! I have been trying to find a way to remove the galaxy gear icon that's in my notification bar to left corner. I find it makes my device look messy and I can't seem to make it go away. Not sure if you need this info but im using galaxy s3 running 4.3.
Thanks!

Found a fix..
com.squareheads.disablegalaxygearmanagerenotification_v11_525169.apk

BertoSGN8

Dec 2, 2017
Visit site
What is the fix? Mine keeps telling me I need to update to version 3.brick but I refuse to cause I enjoy wearing my watch, not staring at it on the charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie