New Galaxy Gear manager out tonight

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: New gear manager out tonight

Just updated myself and dont see any obvious changes. Maybe just a maintenance update.

Posted via Android Central App

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Correction is did the full reset and now have to reinstall watch styler. Plus it looks like a couple of new watch faces.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I was asked to do the update when I opened Gear Manager but declined at the moment, waiting for a better wifi connection in my house. Now I open it up and it says I am up to date software. Hmmm.

I'm still showing MK7. Does the new update show something different?

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

Open Samsung app store it will give you the option to update through notification.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site

Thank you. Mine is showing 1.5.1xxxxxx so definitely the old one still. Wonder why it won't let me update now.

MK7 is the gear firmware on the watch itself. We are talking about the gear manager program that runs on the phone. As noted, go to Samsung Apps (not in the gear manager, the program on your phone) hit the left soft button, go to purchased, updates will appear.

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Running it for a couple hoirs now. Gear seems a little bit snappier. Im hoping the missed call bug doesnt appear....other than that not too much

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Running it for a couple hoirs now. Gear seems a little bit snappier. Im hoping the missed call bug doesnt appear....other than that not too much

I don't really notice any additional snappiness or anything else in particular. But I am waiting for someone to report in on the missed call bug. Bad form, I know, but I'm not inclined to check myself, only to find that I'll have to wipe again to get rid of the notifications.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

Thanks all. I actually just opened Google Play Store and I saw the update notification sitting in there as well.

Jim Ahrman

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i don't have bbm installed, but you should be able to get them. When you go into Notifications settings, towards the bottom it says others.. or something like that. that should give you a listing of all apps and you should be able to turn it on in there.

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just wondering can we see the notif for bbm in this new update ? Or anyone can tell me... Please ?? Thanks

bbm worked just fine, way before the update, so just follow what the poster above said, in order to enable bb and any other notifications you may want.

dionixius

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
bbm worked just fine, way before the update, so just follow what the poster above said, in order to enable bb and any other notifications you may want.

Hi, is the gear can show the text of the BBM messages or just the notification that you have BBM ... And you only open the bbm through your phone ? Thanks

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, is the gear can show the text of the BBM messages or just the notification that you have BBM ... And you only open the bbm through your phone ? Thanks

The text, limited by the Gear's message size limit. If it's a short bb like yo wasup, you see it immediately. If its longer, you may still be able to read it on your Gear, once you press on the notification. If its really long, you may have to continue on your phone.

dionixius

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
The text, limited by the Gear's message size limit. If it's a short bb like yo wasup, you see it immediately. If its longer, you may still be able to read it on your Gear, once you press on the notification. If its really long, you may have to continue on your phone.

Thanks DrSavant your info really help. Wondering the rumor that 24 feb will come the gear 2. If it not happen, i will go with this first gear. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12