Kies won't update

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
When I connect my gear to kies it tells me I have a firmware update available. After I accept all the terms and conditions and click on update it doesn't do anything. I waited for 30 mins and nothing happened so I clicked on update again and I had to re-accept the terms and conditions. It still didn't update. I don't know what's going on

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 20140611_074635.jpg
    20140611_074635.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 26
  • 20140611_074653.jpg
    20140611_074653.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 26

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I can't solve the issue. The only to reason I tried updating through kies in the first place is because I read somewhere that you can only get tizen with kies (not sure if it was a credible sourse). Never the less, I actually DO have an update available but can't update it. By the way I am in Canada B.C. If that makes any difference.

aerportman

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
yeah there's one update that happened - but it was just an update to the android version. I'm sitting here now without the Tizen version, and it says that I have the latest update. I'm in the U.S. I'm not sure what happened - if they are putting hold on it for some reason or what. I'm kind of annoyed because i'd really like Tizen at this point. i'm glad I'm not the only one this is happening too... i'm tempted to try Odin, but I don't want to risk bricking the device as soon as i got it. I wonder if i should just wait a few days and it will be fixed.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Yea I really want tizen as well but just like you I'm too scared to use Odin. Hopefully they'll let us upgrade to tizen soon because I hate playing the waiting game.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Just to give an update, I uninstalled and reinstalled Samsung kies, and now my update is working! My gear is currently updating to tizen (canada).

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Just to give an update, I uninstalled and reinstalled Samsung kies, and now my update is working! My gear is currently updating to tizen (canada).

Thanks for the update. Going to give this a whirl this evening!

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk

aerportman

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I ended up just installing the british version using Odin. It worked out fine - there were a few kinks, but it worked. the only problem now is that i don't see a lot of apps - even apps that are apparently available to gear 2. If there is a canada version it probably can be installed via Odin as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2