Gear Manager update and proximity locking

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey is anyone else having issues with the proximity lock not working since the gear manager app updated to version 2.2.14090599?

Posted via Android Central App

paradox60660

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I went into app manager and uninstalled the update then went into galaxy apps and searched for Samsung gear and updated the app. Then I had to reconnect the watch. Everything is now working.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GabyNRld

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with proximity lock and notifications. Although the notifications from WhatsApp, Viber, Gmail etc are allowed i only get notifications for calls and missed calls.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Features that worked just fine prior to the update are suddenly inoperable :-(

The Gear icon looks better, but I'd rather have a poor looking icon and receiving my notifications.

JoshuaT#CB

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not experiencing the proximity locking issue but after the update, only those apps on the main notification settings screen (such as exchange mail, texts, etc) are showing previews of the messages on the gear whereas all the apps in the more notifications settings (such as gmail, whatsapp, etc) are only showing the notification alert and a "Show on Device" button. Going crazy having to pull out my phone all the time to see what those msgs are (really got spoiled just being able to look at my wrist to see if the msg was an important one or not). Does anyone know if this has been reported to Samsung yet? Does anyone have a solution to this yet?

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Uninstalling the updates to the application and then going to the Samsung Market and updating the program again has worked out the bugs that I was seeing including the proximity lock and notifications. As far as notifying Samsung, I tried and talking to the tech was like talking to a brick wall. He gave me instructions to have not lock then to have a pattern lock but could never understand what I was trying to tell him.

Posted via Android Central App

JoshuaT#CB

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Vudumedic, forgive me but how do you uninstall just the update? The only thing I was able to do was totally uninstall Gear Manager on my phone and then reinstall it but I still am not getting anything more than an alert when I get a gmail or whats app (or any other "more notifications") whereas things like email (exchange) or text msgs, in other words things on the main notifications settings, works just fine. Am I uninstalling/reinstalling the wrong thing? Thanks for your help

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I also would like to know how to Uninstall the update. I just want the function of my watch back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol