HELP! I bricked my Samsung Galaxy Gear 1. Firmware upgrade encountered an issue How can I fix it?

Evilmeeko

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
HELP! I bricked my Samsung Galaxy Gear 1. "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue"

Hello! I have tried everything i can think of. It is a US Galaxy Gear. was flashing Tizen using Odin and it failed and now cannot power up. I cannot get into download or recovery mode. the only screen it will show is "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue, please select recovery mode in Kies and try again"

Kies does not recognize it. Odin does see it, and i tried flashing SEVERAL Stock ROMS for the V700, all of which fail. I cannot seem to find a US ROM, so i am using one for England. that fails as well.

I am at wits end, any ideas? I also tried different USB cables, reinstalled the latest Samsung drivers, tested those with a working watch, even another cradle (my brother has an identical gear 1). also swapped to different USB ports

thanks for any help!

Relicknight

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
did you ever get any help or anything mine s bricked just like yours while updating, didnt know updating was so dangerous......Oozing sarcasm

russell antwi

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
1) download odin 3.07
extract and run odin

2)download samsung usb drivers,
and samsung kies ( these two are very important)

3) Download "all samsung recovery" its zip file, don't extract.
4) plug ur gear with the cradle...select PDA option in Odin and select zip file "all samsung recovery"
5)odin will turn blue or yellow when usb is connected.
6) hit start and wait.....and you are good to go.

Josue Palma

May 30, 2013
Visit site
1) download odin 3.07
extract and run odin

2)download samsung usb drivers,
and samsung kies ( these two are very important)

3) Download "all samsung recovery" its zip file, don't extract.
4) plug ur gear with the cradle...select PDA option in Odin and select zip file "all samsung recovery"
5)odin will turn blue or yellow when usb is connected.
6) hit start and wait.....and you are good to go.

Josue Palma

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi do u have the recovery files just happens the same to my my gear is bricked trying to install tizen or where I can find the samsung recovery files for my gear regards

ciprianis37

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
no good at all this method....not working!!!
i have a GEAR S that is fully charged, but not powering on, i don.t know why....the laptop or pc cannot see the device....nothing works.....
it is brand new, but not powering on......

uli92

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
This is the only method that works in the entire effing internet. Thank you! I was trying to use Kies to attempt an "Emergency Recovery". Complete rubbish Kies is...

MayH

Sep 21, 2018
Visit site
My partner thought he was a tech genius and bricked my SM-V700 and I have very limited tech knowledge... I have tried the way explained here but keep getting on Odin:

<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
or
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> All samsung recovery.zip
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
or it just gets stuck at SetupConnection
When I turn on the watch screen (it never seems to turn off just run out of power) the display reads: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again.
I have tried just running Kies as it suggests but cannot start recovery mode without a recovery code.
Thank you for any help you may be able to offer, I realise this is a long dead thread!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21