Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I-9082 freezes even after upgrading all the patches for Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

sagarkapadia

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Even after upgrading my I-9082 to latest update patch, the phone hangs and freezes suddenly. Any help on this is highly appreciated.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting to Recovery and selecting Wipe Cache Partition--you won't lose any important personal data. Follow these instructions:

1. Turn off your phone
2. Press and hold volume up + home button + power button at the same time
3. Release when Samsung logo appears
4. Select with volume buttons "wipe cache partition" and select it with power button
5. Wait until wipe is complete
6. Highlight "Reboot System Now' and press the power button to execute.

You can also follow this video, but keep in mind that you should select Wipe Cache Parition, and not Wipe Data/Factory Reset!

Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 hard reset - YouTube

sagarkapadia

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks, I tried the above option but I get an "Error", doing so. I did a "Wipe Data/Factory Reset!". Still the issue persists. Is this a hardware problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Possibly. I'm not familiar with the Grand, so I don't know if there a way to reinstall the stock ROM using something like Odin. Hopefully someone else on this forum might know more.

Posted via Android Central App

sagarkapadia

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey All,
I too had a lot of problems and fed of trying a lot. As per Samsung Executive, the binary does not get updated with the version / update / upgrade patches. This is a universal problem with Samsung Android Devices. Esp. galaxy grand I-9082 devices. hence, I went to the Samsung Service Center and they updated my software. Now the device work awesome. I would suggest to go to Samsung Service Center.

If in warranty: Free software update
If out of warranty: 150 INR

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad