GOOGLE TEXT-TO-SPEECH engine has stopped

Rony Sarker

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I was upgrade my device to 4.2.2 from 4.1.2 last month. After Update when i open the gallery from my device a problem occurs. It's shown a message that, UNFORTUNATELY, GOOGLE-TEXT-TO-SPEECH ENGINE HAS STOPPED.

I need your help to solve this.......

Telder Kirkum

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been dealing with the this issue for the last couple of months myself. I realized today after much configuring and throwing my phone to the ground (just kidding) that my MagicJack App was the cause of all the confusion. If you have never heard of magicjack, it's actually an app where you can receive telephone calls on a different number much like the google phone app. I realized after stopping several programs including (Hangouts and MagicJack) that my speech to text started working again. I reinstalled the MagicJack and it stopped. Not sure if you have this program but for some reason, it interferes with the speech to talk feature. Hope this helps and if not then maybe try to uninstall Hangouts because mine went back to "Talk" after I uninstalled the updates on it. Good luck!

Tobie Arfstrom

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Had same problem, I found Speech to Text app, and uninstalled update. I did see a posted that stated that they re-applied the update. I don't have any inclination to speech communicate with the phone, so I dont' know how to just stop that service, by default. that will be a tomorrow Google search. Hope that helps.

Beth H

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I've installed very few apps on my LG ZTE Valet, and now the 'Google Text-to-Speech engine has stopped' message keeps popping up very frequently, sometimes every 15 seconds or so. The apps I've gotten have all been games. Is there a way I can get rid of this function, or at least disable it so it stops bugging me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20