Why does my youtube app for samsung galaxy grand prime only display up to 360p ?

DirtyDizzle

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
My phone was allowing me to display up to 480p but today, Its allowing only to display 360p only. I had uninstalled the update , restarted my phone, shut down my phone, cleared cache . Was working fine before now it stopped. Any ideas what might have cause the problem and also is there any solution ? Thank you guys.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, are you certain the videos you want to watch go up above 360p? Check on your computer browser.

Second, are you on wifi or mobile data? If you're on mobile data, open YouTube, tap Menu>Settings>General, and make sure Limit Mobile Data Usage isn't checked.

DirtyDizzle

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the reply,
Yes, I have made sure the videos are above 360p. What was strange, I was on 480p since I bought the phone , then yesterday it would not go above 360p, I did the youtube app settings and still at 360p.

DirtyDizzle

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
yes, it is up to date, my phone was pre loaded with the youtube app, so the only thing i can uninstall is the updates. I unistalled and reinstalled the updates , still nothing.