I can't send videos my video was 6 seconds long and it said too large.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming you're trying to send it via text or MMS. A better option is to upload the video to Google Photos, DropBox, YouTube or another service and send someone a link - that way they get full resolution and the entire video. Many videos can also be shared in social media apps, like Facebook and Google+.

Leo92

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes but that's a lot I want to be able to send it right to someone phone on mms but ever video is saying to large. On my old galaxy s2 I could do it with no problem. There videos of my son I don't want then public. I just wanna know how to send it through a text message is.

Leo92

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to send mms videos

it's saying can't attach file it's to long, it was only 12 seconds long. how do I fix this?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes but that's a lot I want to be able to send it right to someone phone on mms but ever video is saying to large. On my old galaxy s2 I could do it with no problem. There videos of my son I don't want then public. I just wanna know how to send it through a text message is.

All of the options above can be kept private. The issue is MMS protocols and how devices manage them. For every MMS message, there are three potential limiters to file size that prevent large files from being sent via MMS. Those limiters are 1. the device 2. the carrier and 3. the app you're using. Whatever has the smallest max size will be the limiter for your message. For example, if your device allows 4 MB and your texting app allows 1 MB but your carrier only allows 300 KB, 300 KB is going to be the largest file you can send. In some cases you can compress the video (this is probably what your S2 did) but videos, especially HD and FHD videos, are enormous.

Leo92

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi so should I try it under GVA size that's the smallest? My carrier is Metro PCS
My KB is 994KB. Do you know how to send videos on a galaxy grand prime.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe MetroPCS still has a 495KB total size limit. Email the pictures or, as Assassin Droid said, post them in a public cloud folder and text or email the links.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11