I've had to re-synch a few times, and that's annoying but more problematic is that when it downloaded my contacts, they all came in backwards, as in, last name first, instead of the way that I loaded them. When someone calls me, the screen says "no caller ID" even when the caller is in my list of contacts... if anyone has a workaround on this (and use small words to explain it please!) I would be forever grateful. The IT guy at Subaru didn't know why this was a problem, nor have any idea how to fix it...
    07-15-2016 12:53 PM
    Unfortunately you have already tried the 2 things I would suggest and that is to un-pair and re-pair. Now let me make that completely clear, you must remove the profile from the phone AND from the car AND reboot the phone, THEN pair again. And of course next step would be contact Subaru. I wonder if they can escalate the issue to a higher tier? The guy you spoke to didn't have a clue, BUT that does not mean no one will at Subaru.
    Fulani Filot likes this.
    07-15-2016 01:01 PM
    I've had to re-synch a few times, and that's annoying but more problematic is that when it downloaded my contacts, they all came in backwards, as in, last name first, instead of the way that I loaded them. When someone calls me, the screen says "no caller ID" even when the caller is in my list of contacts... if anyone has a workaround on this (and use small words to explain it please!) I would be forever grateful. The IT guy at Subaru didn't know why this was a problem, nor have any idea how to fix it...
    If there's a contact management interface in your subaru then enter its settings and see if there's an option for displaying contacts on a "First name first, last name last" basis.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-15-2016 01:06 PM
    For the "no caller ID" my guess would be that both first names and last names are being packed somehow into the last-name (or first-name) fields, thereby leaving the other field (which the call manager "looks at") empty. Just my hunch.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-15-2016 01:10 PM