Lose of signal

Kenellcla

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
Last year we got a Samsung J3 phone on 3 mobile contract.

All went well until 3 months ago when I had a large software update for the phone.

The phone had problems after this, and the 3 phone shop reset everything for me.

After this I noticed that we kept losing the signal on the phone on a regular basis.

I had a back up pay as you go phone which was also on 3 mobile, but the signal on this was fine on this phone, so this made me thing we had a problem with the Samsung J3

I went to speak to a manager in the nearest 3 shop and then contacted Samsung explaining the problem.

However Samsung were not interested even though I showed them the signal differences between both mobile phones, in fact they said I had no idea what I was talking about, even though I had seen other people on the internet having the same problems.

This has now gone on for over three months and we are getting fed up, because it's a battle between 3 mobile and Samsung.

I have even tried switching the phone off and back on to see if it makes any difference, but we still have the same old problems worth the signal

I had also explained that this phone was used as an emergency back up because i have Parkinson's disease, and need to be in contact with my family at all times, but they totally ignored this too.

Things got so bad that we took the SIM out of the J3 phone and fitted into an older phone, where it worked fine, but I struggled worth the handset.

I am wondering if anyone else has had similar problems to this.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
🙋Stop your payments, since you're paying for something that you're obviously not receiving....a working phone with calls and data. Furthermore, you're owed a refund for the last three months.
If a working replacement phone is provided, and your account is credited with the refund, continue with your payments.

Welcome to Android Central, and keep us posted about this.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung J3 and signal failure

First, the "things have changed" comment from a Samsung employee is nonsense - anything that would have changed would have changed with 3. Any changes that Samsung made to render the phone useless would be all over the internet.

Second, see if there's a Carphone Warehouse store near you. They have Samsung employees (usually just one per store) who actually know things. (Here in the US, Best Buy stores have that - I've dealt with the Samsung employees. They're not design engineers, but they wouldn't treat you the way you were treated. Just remember, no matter how frustrated you are, keep on being polite and nice.)

Third (but try this first), see if 3 will issue your J3 a new SIM card. Sometimes an intermittent SIM card will cause the problems you're seeing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung J3 and signal failure

Merged duplicate threads and moved to the new J Series forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles