Since like a week ago my Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) (which I almost have 1 year) is acting real weird battery wise, I can easily use it throughout the day but at night when I power it off and power it back on the next morning it loses like 30 to 40% battery life for no reasons whatsoever is this a bug or something? or is there something wrong with my battery? Also a heads-up I ordered a new battery for my phone 2 days ago and received it yesterday but the problems seem to have been acting up on the new battery too which is why im posting this, Because I thought maybe my battery was old and about to die so I bought a new one but that one does not seem to help in any way as its having the same problem!

If someone could help me out here!
    08-30-2017 08:09 AM
    Welcome.

If the battery discharges with the phone powered off, there may be a serious hardware fault....a short circuit perhaps. Why it only occurs when powered off, I don't know. Try leaving the battery out of the phone overnight, and see whether it still loses charge.
    08-30-2017 09:23 AM
    I will try and leave the battery out tonight and see how it will turn out, I also have another question my old battery used to get real hot, to the point that you don't even want to hold the phone anymore now I bought a new battery I don't even have it for 2 days and the same issue is happening with that battery its getting really hot and annoying to hold the phone, also when I received the battery and put it in my phone I didn't even had to charge it up it had the same amount of battery that my old battery had which is kinda weird because I expected the new battery to be completely empty, if anyone has any answers to why this is happening all of a sudden
    08-30-2017 01:07 PM
    A hot battery that drains fast is a sign of a short in the phone.
    belodion likes this.
    08-30-2017 01:34 PM
    By now i have brought my phone to my local store where i bought it they said they would send it to samsung so they can take a look, hopefully samsung is able to fix it!
    09-03-2017 06:30 PM
    Moved to the new J Series forum.
    09-26-2017 05:51 PM