I have a Samsung J3 2016 which recently had to be reflashed with the default system. I have a backup of my previous system that I made with TWRP which I want to restore, so I downloaded TWRP version 3.1.1 on to the phone and flashed it. The phone boots into TWRP just fine, when once it finishes loading, I can't actually do anything with it because the touchscreen doesn't work.

TWRP was working fine on the phone before, and I made 4 different Nandroid backups with it. I know that TWRP can work on this phone, and I'm bewildered as to why this issue has suddenly come up. If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
    11-10-2017 12:50 PM
    Whoops, wasn't logged in when I posted the question. Just noting that I am the person who asked this.
    11-10-2017 12:53 PM
    So, I figured out what the problem was.

When I was searching for the correct version of TWRP, I did not use the full model number of my phone. As a result, I downloaded a version for the wrong device. Now that I have downloaded and flashed the correct version, the problem is resolved.

Just goes to show: always use the full model number of your phone when searching for things like this.
    11-10-2017 09:01 PM