j3 emerge-accuweather widget/app not updating

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
ok, so I first noticed this on my tablet...ran identical troubleshooting this morning on my phone, but the crux of the matter?

my accuweather app/widget wont update.

I've force stopped the app, cleared the data, reinstalled, power cycled and uninstalled/reinstalled, tried changing the date and time, and even monkeyed with my wifi's dns settings on the phone.

I've even tried disabling my wifi and going outside and using my phone's data connection. no effect.

please bear in mind I'm having this problem with both my samsung galaxy j3 emerge cellphone...and first noticed it last night on my samsung galaxy a 8.0 tablet last night.

my j3 emerge is running android marshmallow, and the tablet, android nougat.

anyone have any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Pull down the notifications and there's a refresh symbol on the Accuweather notification. Hit that and it updates. I don't recall when it started not updating the widget on its own, but it's been a while. (Tap the widget display and the app comes up - with the current readings - and the widget gets updated.)

It's something they'll have to either fix or decide to ignore.

[Edit: I just noticed that I hadn't updated in a while. I just did, so we'll see what happens.]

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
does that force it to resume auto updating? cause when I first booted my phone up this morning..all I had was faint, barely readable 'loading your weather' where the widget should be.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
and the short answer is a big fat 'nope'...wonder if monkeying around with my wifi's dns settings will make a difference..

ktjensen

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
I use about five weather apps. All with notification turned on. Some have associated text messages for weather warnings. Still get only half the notices I should.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The updated version still does not update - even at the set update interval. I'm going to email them today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo