Amazon apps, not able to enable

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I am having a heck of a time with a J3 Emerge from Boost mobile

I can not enable any of the Amazon apps, Prime Music , Video, Photos

I contacted Amazon, they are clueless, told me to contact Samsung.

Contacted Samsung, they could not figure it out either, had me send to them.

Now they are telling me, they are not responsible for 3rd party apps? WTF? These 3rd party apps came pre loaded with their phone on their software.

Anyone else experience this with this series phone?

Just to add, full disclosure, tho this should not matter at all, I do not use the phone part, just use it on wifi. It has a sim card,but I never enabled the mobile data, bought it for a wifi device.

Thanks, if anyone has any input on this, its very frustrating and annoying

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say "enable," do you mean that the apps are Disabled (in the Settings>Apps menu)? Or that when you try to open them, they don't work, or they don't let you log in with your Amazon account?

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
When you say "enable," do you mean that the apps are Disabled (in the Settings>Apps menu)? Or that when you try to open them, they don't work, or they don't let you log in with your Amazon account?

Correct

I look at for example Amazon Music
I see a button that says enable
Click it, changes to Update - Open
Click on open, flashes back to enable
Try update, goes thru what looks like update
But then, try to open, does same thing

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Weird. What happens if you try to install one of those apps through the Play Store, or download the Amazon Appstore apk from Amazon themselves and run the installer? Does it say the app is already installed?

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Weird. What happens if you try to install one of those apps through the Play Store, or download the Amazon Appstore apk from Amazon themselves and run the installer? Does it say the app is already installed?

Same as above. Ive had every android device, never had this issue. Really mind boggling. I have a crappy $20 alcatel phone also wifi only, Amazon apps work fine.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
You've already tried wiping the cache partition? The steps for the J3 Prime should be the same for your phone: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-34505

Tried that, got to menu, but never got to the "yes" prompt.

Maddening..

just got it back from Samsung, went to enable Amazon Music, let me sign in, BUT then forced update, after update back to same crap, enable, open, enable , open, never actually works..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Weird. I'm guessing it has to do with the preinstalled version of the Amazon apps, which are presumably somewhat different from the standard apps you can install from the Play Store. Maybe there's some additional code that Samsung or Boost threw in, perhaps to give exclusive "features" or offers, but which is now causing this headache. I'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest, besides rooting the phone and removing those preinstalled Amazon apps, then installing the standalone ones.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Weird. I'm guessing it has to do with the preinstalled version of the Amazon apps, which are presumably somewhat different from the standard apps you can install from the Play Store. Maybe there's some additional code that Samsung or Boost threw in, perhaps to give exclusive "features" or offers, but which is now causing this headache. I'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest, besides rooting the phone and removing those preinstalled Amazon apps, then installing the standalone ones.

Ya I think you are right. It is embedded in the code. I may root it. Not all that important. Just annoys me. Should work.

Thanks for your help, as always, thru the years. You are always there to help. It does not go unnoticed :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma