Bluetooth Snafu

lamf77

Nov 12, 2018
Visit site

My J7 will pair with my car system and headset
Music plays. If I get any messages or alerts they play through the bluetooth. If the phone rings however...there is zero. No sound through the bluetooth device. It as if the speaker and microphone have been muted. As a last resort I did reset.....and the second step after my phone rebooted was it checked for updates! How can I just roll back to previous version?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Bluetooth and tap the gear icon next to the car stereo listing -- make sure Phone Audio is turned on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you're in the car with the phone, are there any other Bluetooth devices in the car that might be competing for a connection (like your BT headset, or any BT device like a smartwatch)?

lamf77

Nov 12, 2018
Visit site
Nope.....at first I thought it was my car. Made sure my headset was off....zero. Then I came in the house, and tried with just my headset. Same deal.
I clicked on the little gear thing in the bluetooth setting and music and phone are connected. I get the music....zero phone. Just a pain in the arse and very weird!

lamf77

Nov 12, 2018
Visit site
To add....we just got new Panasonic Phones for our home which have a Bluetooth features. I was able to pair my phone to our home system. When my wife calls my cell, it registers on my cell and home units, but there sound...same as before. So it is not working there either.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you checked this already, but for the sake of completeness, you're certain that the call volume slider is turned up all the way, right? There's always a chance that the Media volume slider is up, but the Call volume slider is all the way down.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you're in a call, the Volume button should control the call volume. Try making a call, and then adjust the volume -- what icon do you see next to the slider?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech