I get an "email sign-in failed" notification even though I haven't been trying to sign in

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy J6, and in the past couple of hours it has started making loud notifications saying "email sign-in failed." What worries me is I haven't been trying to sign into my hotmail at all - not for months, in fact.

When I try and sign in on my computer, I can get into my account just fine. I'm too scared to try signing in on my phone, though, in case I accidentally let someone in (I don't know if that's even something I can do; I'm a technophobic cavewoman who only just got a smartphone this year). So why is it doing this?

Is someone trying to hack me? Is this an error with the phone that I have to fix? Do I need to call somebody? Should I change my password? I want these notifications to stop, and I want to know if someone is trying to get into my account or whether this happens to everyone's phone. Please help me!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I get an "email sign-in failed" notification even though I haven't been trying to sign in

What worries me is I haven't been trying to sign into my hotmail at all - not for months, in fact.
That's the only account you have on any email app? (If GMail is there, and it has your gmail account in it, it may be trying to log into the gmail server - and I've had intermittent problems with that in the past dew days.)

I'm too scared to try signing in on my phone, though, in case I accidentally let someone in (I don't know if that's even something I can do
No, it's not.

Is someone trying to hack me?
Most likely not.

Is this an error with the phone that I have to fix? Do I need to call somebody? Should I change my password?
Probably "no" to all of them.

I want these notifications to stop
Check your gmail app, to make sure you don't have your Google account in there, and the phone set to check email every so often.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance