What is the part number for the J7 Prime (SM-J272T1) rear camera (T-Mobile Version)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Last year I some how broke the glass cover of the rear camera of my T-Mobile Samsung J7 Prime (SM-J727T1). I have since replaced the glass cover but ever since then the camera has been blurry and will not focus. I have tried a few suggestions that I have found on the net such as updating the software or giving the phone a couple of taps but none have worked so far. I have tried taking off the glass and making sure that no pieces of the old cover were still in the phone but could not see any which leaves me to believe the camera is broken. I want to replace it but do not want to have to pay over 100 dollars to get it done so I plan to do it myself. The only issue I have is finding the right camera. I have tried looking for it in google but seem to get several different types and have no clue which is the right one. If some one know the right camera or if you know the part number, could you please let me know or point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You could look on eBay. But have you ever taken the phone apart? If you overheat the screen *you need a heat gun to take it apart) it's going to cost a lot more than the phone is worth to get it fixed. (Or you could just buy a new phone on Swappa for $105.)

Omikse

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
You could look on eBay. But have you ever taken the phone apart? If you overheat the screen *you need a heat gun to take it apart) it's going to cost a lot more than the phone is worth to get it fixed. (Or you could just buy a new phone on Swappa for $105.)

I want to thank you for replying but you have not answer my question but I will answer yours. 1st) if you are referring to the camera and not the phone then yes, I have looked on eBay and Amazon but there are so many that I am not sure which one is for my phone. That is why I am looking for someone to point me to the right one. 2nd) No I have not have taken this particular phone apart but I have taken other phones apart along with GPS's so I have some experience in do this. Not to mention I have watch numerous video's apart taking it apart so I am confident that I can.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Last year I some how broke the glass cover of the rear camera of my T-Mobile Samsung J7 Prime (SM-J727T1). I have since replaced the glass cover but ever since then the camera has been blurry and will not focus. I have tried a few suggestions that I have found on the net such as updating the software or giving the phone a couple of taps but none have worked so far. I have tried taking off the glass and making sure that no pieces of the old cover were still in the phone but could not see any which leaves me to believe the camera is broken. I want to replace it but do not want to have to pay over 100 dollars to get it done so I plan to do it myself. The only issue I have is finding the right camera. I have tried looking for it in google but seem to get several different types and have no clue which is the right one. If some one know the right camera or if you know the part number, could you please let me know or point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!
I would contact this place before ordering make sure its correct
https://www.fixez.com/samsung-galaxy-j7-pro-rear-facing-camera

Omikse

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have not tried to contact these people but the item under the link is for a pro not prime. But let me ask you this question. Since my camera is 8mp, would I be able to replace it with a 13mp? I do not know if it is a hardware or software issue.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have not tried to contact these people but the item under the link is for a pro not prime. But let me ask you this question. Since my camera is 8mp, would I be able to replace it with a 13mp? I do not know if it is a hardware or software issue.

The OS software would not support a different camera.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No cant put 13mp camera in place of 8mp
But I left that link to get in contact to verify your part , I know that wasn't your model but they might get your part you looking for .

Omikse

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
The OS software would not support a different camera.

What do you mean that the OS would not support a different camera? Are the OS's specific to the phone or is it a general OS for all phones. I have the latest OS update for my phone but I know T-Mobile is about to upgrade my phone to Oreo soon. I do not know when but they have been saying that they are.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean that the OS would not support a different camera? Are the OS's specific to the phone or is it a general OS for all phones. I have the latest OS update for my phone but I know T-Mobile is about to upgrade my phone to Oreo soon. I do not know when but they have been saying that they are.

Operating systems have to be ported to each individual phone because the hardware is different.

Omikse

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Operating systems have to be ported to each individual phone because the hardware is different.

OK say for instance the OS I have on my phone is Oreo. So what you saying is the version of Oreo that is on my phone will be different on another phone which would support the hardware on that phone but not mine.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
OK say for instance the OS I have on my phone is Oreo. So what you saying is the version of Oreo that is on my phone will be different on another phone which would support the hardware on that phone but not mine.

It's different for each manufacturer and each model. That's why when Google releases an update it is not available for every device. Each manufacturer puts their own skin on it and it's still different for every model and it's also different by carrier. Different carrier versions can be flashed on the same model in some cases but that doesn't affect your situation. The bottom line is you can't use a different camera on your device.