(Galaxy J2) "Settings keeps stopping." when trying to change language priority in Language settings.

greenwitcher

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
(Galaxy J2) "Settings keeps stopping." when trying to change language priority in Language settings.

Hi there. I've got a family member who's having problems switching the language priority in the settings between English and Spanish. I've tried many different things like clearing the RAM, uninstalling excess apps, taking out the SD card, and resetting the phone settings (except for factory reset) and nothing seems to work. By switching the number 1. language from English to Spanish then selecting Done, Settings will simply stop working every time. I'm trying to avoid a factory reset as I've set the user up with a work around. Not sure what I need to do at this point. I am somewhat inexperienced with Android OS as I just haven't put time aside to learn it.

Any suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated on my end.

Thanks in advance!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: (Galaxy J2) "Settings keeps stopping." when trying to change language priority in Language setti

Have you tried clearing the cache for the setting app? And/or clearing the data for the settings app?

Of course I would try the former first, as I believe the latter will reset all settings to factory default, not like a factory reset more like default wall paper, default font/icon/grid size, default ringtone and so on.

Go to settings>applications then choose to show system apps, menu button. Then navigate to the settings app.