I have a Galaxy J6.
    I've tried EVERY possible way to root my phone, using adb, using root programs, I've tried to unlock bootloader to flash a custom recovery but adb always shows <waiting for device>
    and all of that.
    I need help!
    Any way to Root it?!
    06-23-2019 08:51 AM
    1. Not all phones end up being rootable (and most Samsungs made for the US market don't have unlockable bootloaders)

2. The best place for anything that technical is XDA. We're just for general "I turn my phone on and use it" type of people. (That doesn't mean that none of us can, just that this forum isn't for people looking for technical help deeper than about "why doesn't this work?"

3. I found a site that has a couple of articles that should help you. https://www.techdroidtips.com/how-to...ung-galaxy-j6/ has rooting instructions. (I'd use Method 4 - Magisk. It's systemless, so reflashing the original boot.img file removes all traces of root. It's well thought-out. We know what it does [unlike some rooting methods that install Chinese apps on the phone].) And it has instructions (scroll up to IMPORTANT Points before rooting the Galaxy J6 ) on installing TWRP - which requires unlocking the bootloader - instructions for which are at https://www.techdroidtips.com/oem-un...der-galaxy-j6/.

Good luck.
    Mockingjason likes this.
    06-23-2019 12:24 PM
    So, hello. I tried TWRP custom recovery, but my phone got stuck in a bootloop. I tried to switch back to the stock image, but I believe it was for another model, so my phone is now stuck 10+hours showing the startup screen, and I can't do anything. When I press volume+power key combinations, it just restarts the phone and it gets stuck again. When I try to execute commands from my PC onto my phone, it doesn't recognize it, because the phone is basically shut down.
    If as you said I shouldn't be asking these questions here, send me a link to a forum that could help me.
    Thanks!
    06-24-2019 01:33 AM
    I moved this from the Rezound forum (not sure why it was there) to the J series forum.
    06-24-2019 01:42 AM
    I need help
    06-24-2019 09:17 AM