How Do I Obtain & Export A PCKS#12 File SPECIFICALLY for Samsung Galaxy Light

happyeyeballz

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello:

Please tell me how to obtain and export a "certificate and private key" SPECIFICALLY for the Samsung Galaxy Light SGH-T399N.

I love Samsung phones, but one aspect of this particular model is VERY disappointing. I discovered (AFTER buying it) that it's impossible to "Reply" and "Send" email from this phone in the normal [built-in] manner as with previous Samsung models. Receiving email is no problem, but responding to email results in the error message,"Recipient's public key is not available for encryption."

I spent LITERALLY about 10 hours over the last 2 days doing internet research, and trying to carry out the instructions of various experts on how to "add an internal certificate and private key" to the phone in the "PCKS#12" file format, but NOTHING has worked for me. Apparently the instructions given were for other Galaxy models because none of the photos matched the Galaxy Light. This model seems to be in a category all by itself.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello:

Please tell me how to obtain and export a "certificate and private key" SPECIFICALLY for the Samsung Galaxy Light SGH-T399N.

I love Samsung phones, but one aspect of this particular model is VERY disappointing. I discovered (AFTER buying it) that it's impossible to "Reply" and "Send" email from this phone in the normal [built-in] manner as with previous Samsung models. Receiving email is no problem, but responding to email results in the error message,"Recipient's public key is not available for encryption."
You're trying to send an encrypted response. Send yourself an email and it should work. Then, if you have to send responses to people who use private/public key encryption for their emails and don't include the public key in the email, email them in plain text and ask them to add their public key to their signature (which we've been doing for a few decades now, since there's no universal keyring).