Hello there. First off, thanks for all your help in the past. I previously rooted my Samsung Galaxy Light, but it died on me after T-Mobile pushed a failed update so I have a new one, which is on: T399UVUANI2.

Can you please tell me how to root it and what files I need. I'm on Windows 8.1 and know how to use Odin. I just don't know what version of Odin and what recovery. I'd like to keep it stock and just root it.

The first time, I used +ShabbyPenguin's prerooted stock kernel, which made it very easy. Thanks so much if you can help me at at, I would so appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch.

GalaxyGurl13
    04-15-2015 10:50 PM
    See How To Root Samsung Galaxy Light SGH-T399 T-Mobile? | Tutorials for rooting.

For recovery Root Galaxy Light SGH-T399 and install CWM or TWRP - Droidjar is the instructions (including links) for CWM and TWRP. (I prefer TWRP, but it's mostly personal preference - they both do the same thing. But if you have backups, stick with what you had - neither one will read the other one's backups.)

As far as Odin 3.10, the latest one. If you want older versions (with the slot labeled PDA instead of AP), see Odin - Older versions.
    GalaxyGirl70 likes this.
    04-15-2015 11:12 PM
    Thank you so much for your helpful and expedient reply!
    04-15-2015 11:35 PM
    See How To Root Samsung Galaxy Light SGH-T399 T-Mobile? | Tutorials for rooting.

For recovery Root Galaxy Light SGH-T399 and install CWM or TWRP - Droidjar is the instructions (including links) for CWM and TWRP. (I prefer TWRP, but it's mostly personal preference - they both do the same thing. But if you have backups, stick with what you had - neither one will read the other one's backups.)

As far as Odin 3.10, the latest one. If you want older versions (with the slot labeled PDA instead of AP), see Odin - Older versions.
    Link is broken, and the only site I found is sketchy (full of popups and redirects despite popup blocker, link to download is stopped by AdGuard (though Avast says it's fine), security certificate expired, etc.). Possibility for new link/any other non-malware/phishing sites that you know of?
    11-04-2017 06:32 PM