Question for those that bought the Mega

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I was talking to a sales rep and asked specifically about the Mega. I asked her how many her store had sold and she said "one" I will never condemn or criticize anyone for spending their money on a product they want.

My question though is, how big is too big to those that bought and like the Mega? 6.3 is bordering on tablet size. Would you use a 7" phone, 10" phone, what is your personal limit?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I asked the rep the same question and got the same response, but bought it anyway because when using it in the store, I saw how peppy it was (even w lower specs) and had an lcd screen for a change. Amoled really is over saturated compared to lcd, so I figured that is another advantage.

I think the limit size will be once a device is no longer pocketable. The Mega definitely still is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using AC Forums mobile app

shn'g

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Had heard about this on tech sites but then saw it in person. Wow is it big! When you actually see it it's pretty crazy. Not for me but great for someone who doesn't have a tablet and wants to have best of both..

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think 6.3" is just about my limit. I would say 6" but what is .3"? I'm geared more towards the Note 3 for it features, specs, and versatility.

Sony XTZ

WaderPL

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
When I bought was the fourth customer of the day. There were only on request and even bought a set of the show . :)
I bought it, and not to any other short term.
Just a revelation. Ideal for the Internet, movies.
I compared it with the Galaxy Tab 7 and the screen is smaller but it's just a tiny dimensions for it are really small for the size of the screen. It has a very thin frame around the screen. Just Mega is virtually the same screen.
There is no problem with playing videos in full HD sizes 6-7 GB.
I got him a card Samsung 64GB SD XC previously purchased where everything is located.
My version of the GT-I9205 is white with LTE

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
How's the performance, especially compared with the S4 and Note II?

Performance is pretty identical to both the S4 and N2 - maybe a tad slower (I mean half of one second slower). Otherwise, it is pretty similar. When I first used it at the att store, I thought there was no way that this monster would be a good performer, but I was wrong and then bought it.

I'm really not too sad to not be part of the N3 crowd, as I'm enjoying this larger, lcd screen more.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Performance is pretty identical to both the S4 and N2 - maybe a tad slower (I mean half of one second slower). Otherwise, it is pretty similar. When I first used it at the att store, I thought there was no way that this monster would be a good performer, but I was wrong and then bought it.

I'm really not too sad to not be part of the N3 crowd, as I'm enjoying this larger, lcd screen more.

...and you saved some money as well...always a good thing.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

W4LNY

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I think this is the biggest device I would use as a phone simply because with my big hands it fits me perfectly and it just fits in my pocket if it will not fit in my pocket than that is too big for me!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think this is the biggest device I would use as a phone simply because with my big hands it fits me perfectly and it just fits in my pocket if it will not fit in my pocket than that is too big for me!

I think a lot of people use that as the limiting factor. It's funny, when I think about it, the thing that limits size for me is whether or not I can get a belt-clip case for it.

W4LNY

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I think I stopped using a belt clip with my first cell phone 20 years ago, I just never liked them.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think I stopped using a belt clip with my first cell phone 20 years ago, I just never liked them.

Well, I refuse to put my phone in my pocket...it might get lint and stuff. I just put the phone in the belt clip case and clip that to my pocket. I'm weird.

S IV

musatogo

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Samsung Mega SGH 1527, (AT&T) I travelled with it outside the country but the phone cannot be used, it is asking for network unlock code, how can I get this code to unlock and use the phone? can you help, I will greatly appreciate any assistance you can render to me.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Samsung Mega SGH 1527, (AT&T) I travelled with it outside the country but the phone cannot be used, it is asking for network unlock code, how can I get this code to unlock and use the phone? can you help, I will greatly appreciate any assistance you can render to me.

Contact AT&T and ask them for an unlock code. Not sure of their requirements, but they would be the first to ask.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I used to think that 4.7 was a big enough screen size for me but here I am with a Note 2......lol

I have to say that the Mega has caught my eye.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I was talking to a sales rep and asked specifically about the Mega. I asked her how many her store had sold and she said "one" I will never condemn or criticize anyone for spending their money on a product they want.

My question though is, how big is too big to those that bought and like the Mega? 6.3 is bordering on tablet size. Would you use a 7" phone, 10" phone, what is your personal limit?

This is my size limit. The screen is huge. I was always intrigued by the Mega and now that I have it I know this is as big as I want to go.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm a LG pro owner but have given the mega a look that screen is the main draw I can tell it's not as fast as my LG pro put it not exactly slow ether and the No contract price is under $500 so I might get it anyway cannot have enough tech toys

Posted via Android Central App

rikken

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Sold my Note 3 and bought the Mega 6.3 More value for the money, performance is exellent and the LCD screen is impressive for being 720p. Batterylife is better on the Mega, camera is better on the Note 3 but it is still good enough on the Mega tho :)

Sent from my GT-I9205 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1