I was talking to a sales rep and asked specifically about the Mega. I asked her how many her store had sold and she said "one" I will never condemn or criticize anyone for spending their money on a product they want.

My question though is, how big is too big to those that bought and like the Mega? 6.3 is bordering on tablet size. Would you use a 7" phone, 10" phone, what is your personal limit?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-16-2013 02:21 PM
    I asked the rep the same question and got the same response, but bought it anyway because when using it in the store, I saw how peppy it was (even w lower specs) and had an lcd screen for a change. Amoled really is over saturated compared to lcd, so I figured that is another advantage.

I think the limit size will be once a device is no longer pocketable. The Mega definitely still is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-16-2013 03:57 PM
    Had heard about this on tech sites but then saw it in person. Wow is it big! When you actually see it it's pretty crazy. Not for me but great for someone who doesn't have a tablet and wants to have best of both..
    09-16-2013 04:20 PM
    I think 6.3" is just about my limit. I would say 6" but what is .3"? I'm geared more towards the Note 3 for it features, specs, and versatility.

Sony XTZ
    09-16-2013 07:39 PM
    When I bought was the fourth customer of the day. There were only on request and even bought a set of the show .
    I bought it, and not to any other short term.
    Just a revelation. Ideal for the Internet, movies.
    I compared it with the Galaxy Tab 7 and the screen is smaller but it's just a tiny dimensions for it are really small for the size of the screen. It has a very thin frame around the screen. Just Mega is virtually the same screen.
    There is no problem with playing videos in full HD sizes 6-7 GB.
    I got him a card Samsung 64GB SD XC previously purchased where everything is located.
    My version of the GT-I9205 is white with LTE
    09-21-2013 03:26 AM
    How's the performance, especially compared with the S4 and Note II?
    09-21-2013 06:34 AM
    How's the performance, especially compared with the S4 and Note II?
    Performance is pretty identical to both the S4 and N2 - maybe a tad slower (I mean half of one second slower). Otherwise, it is pretty similar. When I first used it at the att store, I thought there was no way that this monster would be a good performer, but I was wrong and then bought it.

I'm really not too sad to not be part of the N3 crowd, as I'm enjoying this larger, lcd screen more.

09-21-2013 09:06 AM
    Performance is pretty identical to both the S4 and N2 - maybe a tad slower (I mean half of one second slower). Otherwise, it is pretty similar. When I first used it at the att store, I thought there was no way that this monster would be a good performer, but I was wrong and then bought it.

I'm really not too sad to not be part of the N3 crowd, as I'm enjoying this larger, lcd screen more.

...and you saved some money as well...always a good thing.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"
    09-21-2013 09:45 AM
    I think this is the biggest device I would use as a phone simply because with my big hands it fits me perfectly and it just fits in my pocket if it will not fit in my pocket than that is too big for me!

09-23-2013 10:31 PM
    I think this is the biggest device I would use as a phone simply because with my big hands it fits me perfectly and it just fits in my pocket if it will not fit in my pocket than that is too big for me!

I think a lot of people use that as the limiting factor. It's funny, when I think about it, the thing that limits size for me is whether or not I can get a belt-clip case for it.
    09-24-2013 03:51 AM
    I think I stopped using a belt clip with my first cell phone 20 years ago, I just never liked them.

09-25-2013 02:31 AM
    I think I stopped using a belt clip with my first cell phone 20 years ago, I just never liked them.

Well, I refuse to put my phone in my pocket...it might get lint and stuff. I just put the phone in the belt clip case and clip that to my pocket. I'm weird.

S IV
    09-25-2013 04:09 AM
    I think 5.5" is big enough for me, I have a nexus 4 and when the nexus 5 come out that gonna be bout 5.1"

HelloMrBrandon.
    09-30-2013 01:13 PM
    I bought the Samsung Mega SGH 1527, (AT&T) I travelled with it outside the country but the phone cannot be used, it is asking for network unlock code, how can I get this code to unlock and use the phone? can you help, I will greatly appreciate any assistance you can render to me.
    10-13-2013 06:35 AM
    I bought the Samsung Mega SGH 1527, (AT&T) I travelled with it outside the country but the phone cannot be used, it is asking for network unlock code, how can I get this code to unlock and use the phone? can you help, I will greatly appreciate any assistance you can render to me.
    Contact AT&T and ask them for an unlock code. Not sure of their requirements, but they would be the first to ask.

10-15-2013 06:19 PM
    I used to think that 4.7 was a big enough screen size for me but here I am with a Note 2......lol

I have to say that the Mega has caught my eye.
    Johnly likes this.
    10-17-2013 11:39 AM
    I was talking to a sales rep and asked specifically about the Mega. I asked her how many her store had sold and she said "one" I will never condemn or criticize anyone for spending their money on a product they want.

My question though is, how big is too big to those that bought and like the Mega? 6.3 is bordering on tablet size. Would you use a 7" phone, 10" phone, what is your personal limit?

This is my size limit. The screen is huge. I was always intrigued by the Mega and now that I have it I know this is as big as I want to go.
    VDub2174 likes this.
    10-21-2013 07:00 AM
    This is my size limit. The screen is huge. I was always intrigued by the Mega and now that I have it I know this is as big as I want to go.
    That's what everyone says about their phone, then when something bigger comes out they say it again
    10-21-2013 10:51 PM
    I'm a LG pro owner but have given the mega a look that screen is the main draw I can tell it's not as fast as my LG pro put it not exactly slow ether and the No contract price is under $500 so I might get it anyway cannot have enough tech toys

Posted via Android Central App
    12-04-2013 04:45 PM
    Sold my Note 3 and bought the Mega 6.3 More value for the money, performance is exellent and the LCD screen is impressive for being 720p. Batterylife is better on the Mega, camera is better on the Note 3 but it is still good enough on the Mega tho :-)

Sent from my GT-I9205 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-04-2013 05:01 PM
    I bought the mega because I am a knitter and got tired of carrying my phone and either a tablet or my laptop. So when it was time for a free upgrade I bought the Mega...problem solved.
    12-21-2014 02:08 PM
    Like others I suppose the limit would be set by Wrangler jeans. If I can still pocket it, down far enough that is is on the leg when I sit, that would be the cut-off for me.
    I bought mine from eBay for a bout half the Sprint price. So no payments.
    I like my Mega. If you think it's large, you should see it with the ""Ballistic" case. I had dropped my Galaxy Nexus so often the screen was showing chips.
    As for me, the most use of my cell phone is to read e-books. Read in bed, standing in long queue, or even at long traffic signals.
    Oh, and Google Maps. The screen is adequate for navigation and doesn't make me want to buy an expensive GPS unit.
    I have the device rooted but I am still using the stock ROM. Like others I would like to have Lolipop, but honestly I haven't fully conquered Ket-Kat.
    Maybe next year I will go to a custom ROM.
    04-03-2015 01:09 PM