hi! New to the Android world. Formerly iPhone and prior to that, Blackberry. Just purchased the Galaxy Mega 6.3.

I currently have my email hosted through my own domain at GoDaddy. I have my laptop (my main device) set up using Microsoft Outlook 2010 and it receives all my emails. I set up my email accounts (POP3) on the phone fine and am getting emails there too. I have the setting "delete email from server" set to "never" under incoming settings on the phone and on my laptop, I dont have it set to delete from the server when I empty deleted items as well. However, every time I delete an email from the phone, the next time it syncs the email just shows back up again, guessing because its still on the server.

I dont want to set it to delete from the server when I delete it on the phone since my primary device is my laptop and if I did that, it would never get synced to my laptop since it would be already off the server (my laptop doesnt send/receive when its in sleep mode). I also dont want to have it delete off the server if I empty the deleted box in Outlook because I like to have my deleted items out there for a while in case I have to refer back to something (so I dont want to empty my deleted box, in other words).

Is there ANY way to really delete it from the phone and NOT have it come back every time it syncs? With my iPhone, if I deleted it from the inbox, it went into the trash folder and did not keep coming back like an electronic zombie.

Thanks in advance for any help (and I hope I explained myself ok!)

Kim
    09-23-2013 05:00 PM
    hi! New to the Android world. Formerly iPhone and prior to that, Blackberry. Just purchased the Galaxy Mega 6.3.

I currently have my email hosted through my own domain at GoDaddy. I have my laptop (my main device) set up using Microsoft Outlook 2010 and it receives all my emails. I set up my email accounts (POP3) on the phone fine and am getting emails there too. I have the setting "delete email from server" set to "never" under incoming settings on the phone and on my laptop, I don’t have it set to delete from the server when I empty deleted items as well. However, every time I delete an email from the phone, the next time it syncs the email just shows back up again, guessing because it’s still on the server.

I don’t want to set it to delete from the server when I delete it on the phone since my primary device is my laptop and if I did that, it would never get synced to my laptop since it would be already off the server (my laptop doesn’t send/receive when it’s in sleep mode). I also don’t want to have it delete off the server if I empty the deleted box in Outlook because I like to have my deleted items out there for a while in case I have to refer back to something (so I don’t want to empty my deleted box, in other words).

Is there ANY way to “really” delete it from the phone and NOT have it come back every time it syncs? With my iPhone, if I deleted it from the inbox, it went into the “trash” folder and did not keep coming back like an electronic zombie.

Thanks in advance for any help (and I hope I explained myself ok!)

Kim
    The stock email host isnt the best. Id try different ones on the play store.
    Also you can always set "display old messages" to only a week. So that way it wont show up if its a week old
    09-23-2013 05:15 PM
    @Greyhound_Gourmet

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post.

Did you happen to set up your email using our IMAP settings? If so the "leave a copy on the server" option will not work, that option is for email addresses using the POP incoming mail server. When your email client connect via POP to pull in new messages, that setting tells the server to either delete or leave a copy on the server based on that setting.

If you are using IMAP settings the changes you make like reading a message, or deleting an email syncs those changes to the server.

I hope the above information is helpful, if you have any additional questions feel free to reply or send me a private message.
    09-26-2013 10:06 AM