Still within 14 day return grace period at AT&T and after playing with the Note 3 today, definitely sticking with my Mega.

Note 3 seems like an incremental upgrade compared to the Note 2 and S4 (i.e. Nothing revolutionary).

Mega's screen is larger, brighter, lcd whites are whiter (no yellowish amoled hue) and external speaker is louder.

Furthermore, if one doesn't utilize the s-pen, the Mega is the obvious choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using AC Forums mobile app
    n-strike likes this.
    10-04-2013 07:24 PM
    Still within 14 day return grace period at AT&T and after playing with the Note 3 today, definitely sticking with my Mega.

Note 3 seems like an incremental upgrade compared to the Note 2 and S4 (i.e. Nothing revolutionary).

Mega's screen is larger, brighter, lcd whites are whiter (no yellowish amoled hue) and external speaker is louder.

The Note 3 is a bigger upgrade from the Mega than it is from the S4. I played with the Note 3 today and it is so smooth and fast; without a doubt faster than the S4 let alone the Mega. The camera is a lot better and the screen is a lot sharper and more visible in direct sunlight. I don't see why you wouldn't get the Note 3 besides it having a smaller screen, it's still huge.
    maryjane2300 and rgriffin25 like this.
    10-04-2013 07:30 PM
    I'll further add that I believe that The Mega may be the most under valued and dark horse/sleeper smartphone in the ENTIRE WORLD right now.

I used to believe that specs were the most valuable factor when comparing smartphones. Now, after using a Mega, I realize that REAL Life (aka day to day) usage and performance are the most important factors. I will never judge a smartphone by its specs cover anymore due to the stellar performance of the Mega.

10-04-2013 07:31 PM
    The Note 3 is a bigger upgrade from the Mega than it is from the S4. I played with the Note 3 today and it is so smooth and fast; without a doubt faster than the S4 let alone the Mega. The camera is a lot better and the screen is a lot sharper and more visible in direct sunlight. I don't see why you wouldn't get the Note 3 besides it having a smaller screen, it's still huge.
    Because by no means is the Mega slow. When turning off animations in developer options, the Mega is very, very snappy. Furthermore, the Mega's lcd screen is brighter (compared both with highest brightness settings all the way on) and is easy to see in the sun light as well (as all lcd's are).

The Note 3 has a better camera (didn't try it, though).

All I'm saying is that for someone who wants a phablet, the Mega is a great choice with not many cons compared to the competition. Plus, it is half the price, but that is just a bonus because most of us don't care about that too much considering how much we use our devices.

10-04-2013 08:02 PM
    Because by no means is the Mega slow. When turning off animations in developer options, the Mega is very, very snappy. Furthermore, the Mega's lcd screen is brighter (compared both with highest brightness settings all the way on) and is easy to see in the sun light as well (as all lcd's are).

The Note 3 has a better camera (didn't try it, though).

All I'm saying is that for someone who wants a phablet, the Mega is a great choice with not many cons compared to the competition. Plus, it is half the price, but that is just a bonus because most of us don't care about that too much considering how much we use our devices.

The only thing I can see the Mega has going for it is the lower price but since you say you don't care about that I see no good reason not to trade. I don't know in what situation you would need the screen at full brightness. The Note 3 has been rated as one of the best phones for visibility in sunlight. The Mega isn't slow but it isn't nearly as fast and lag free as the Note 3. Just my opinion though, still a good phone
    10-04-2013 08:38 PM
    I'll further add that I believe that The Mega may be the most under valued and dark horse/sleeper smartphone in the ENTIRE WORLD right now.

I used to believe that specs were the most valuable factor when comparing smartphones. Now, after using a Mega, I realize that REAL Life (aka day to day) usage and performance are the most important factors. I will never judge a smartphone by its specs cover anymore due to the stellar performance of the Mega.

It's true that specs aren't the most important thing in the world but the Note has better day to day performance as well as higher specs. Far better camera, better screen, better battery life, and less laggy
    10-04-2013 08:43 PM
    It's true that specs aren't the most important thing in the world but the Note has better day to day performance as well as higher specs. Far better camera, better screen, better battery life, and less laggy
    Trade off: Mega's screen is larger. Battery is TBD

10-04-2013 08:49 PM
    Trade off: Mega's screen is larger. Battery is TBD

Screen is .6 inches larger so I'd think it uses more battery with it being an LCD, even though it has less pixels. Maybe it's because I don't like phablets but I'd still prefer the 5.7 in. to 6.3.
    10-04-2013 08:54 PM
    Mega is Tri-Band. Important to me. Note has 24/192. Important to me. Oh, what to do.
    10-11-2013 10:42 AM

I'm not sure I'd say the Mega is the obvious choice but if the size is good for you it's certainly a good choice. Now that I have one I can say its definitely better than I expected. I do indeed like it but not better than my precious Note 3. I'm glad I'm able to have both and use whatever's striking me for that day. One thing about the Mega is that due to the lower screen resolution more apps are actually compatible with it...that was a big selling point for me.
    10-21-2013 08:02 AM
    Actually, I took the plunge and also bought a Note 3 (knowing that I can return it within 15 days).

The reviews are right - the Note 3 is the best performing device out right now. This thing flies. Furthermore, the screen quality really is a big deal. It is beautiful.

Now I have to decide which device to keep...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    10-21-2013 10:20 AM
    Actually, I took the plunge and also bought a Note 3 (knowing that I can return it within 15 days).

The reviews are right - the Note 3 is the best performing device out right now. This thing flies. Furthermore, the screen quality really is a big deal. It is beautiful.

Now I have to decide which device to keep...

If I had to choose between the Note 3 and the Mega it'd be the Note 3. It's a device I can see myself still happy with in 2 years...not that I'll have it that long but it really does rock.
    UJ95x likes this.
    10-21-2013 10:51 AM
    If I had to choose between the Note 3 and the Mega it'd be the Note 3. It's a device I can see myself still happy with in 2 years...not that I'll have it that long but it really does rock.
    I agree, but you know in about 6 months there will be a new Samsung that will smoke the Note 3. That's just technology. Maybe a new flexible screen one?

The Mega works very well, though and sad to see it go, but the Note 3 is just a much, much better experience.

10-21-2013 11:51 AM
    I agree, but you know in about 6 months there will be a new Samsung that will smoke the Note 3. That's just technology. Maybe a new flexible screen one?

The Mega works very well, though and sad to see it go, but the Note 3 is just a much, much better experience.

I'm wasting money having both but the Mega will run some apps my Note 3 won't.

Nexus 7
    10-21-2013 12:12 PM