I can't remember the password for my Samsung Mega. I have been trying to do a factory reset by holding the volume up button, home button, and then the power button at the same time however nothing is really happening. Is there any other way to reset the Mega or can anyone offer any advice?
    03-30-2015 04:02 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

Can you not gain access by using your Google account details?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-30-2015 04:11 PM
    The device needs to be off (just in case).
    Press them at the same time and hold until a vibration then let go.
    03-30-2015 05:26 PM
    Hi Belodion and Madd54 thank you for your advice.

Belodion, I don't exactly know what you are suggesting. How could I use my google account details to unlock the password to my Samsung Mega?
    Madd54, I have been trying that as well for the last 15 mins and it just starts like normal and goes to the password screen.
    03-30-2015 06:27 PM
    Hello. Thanks for registering.

You should have two more options before a reset.

Holding all three buttons for a few seconds while off should bring up a recovery screen, maybe you're emphasising the Power key too much. I don't know where you read about the procedure but I will add a link here.

I have a Note 3 so similar Touchwiz, unless you have a Mega 2 and I don't know much about that, but the Recovery Mode is the same.

Before that, I think what Belodion was alluding to is if you keep trying a password enough times, and this works with mine, you will get a screen saying enter your Username and password, meaning your Gmail address and that password.

The other option has been - though it's been failing people this last week with Lollipop updated devices - is to set a new Lock with a new pin or password using your Google account with Android Device Manager.
    You don't need Location on to find it, the remote Lock command will work when the device is on or after it has been turned on again and mobile data /wifi connected.

What am I on about?
    It's late here so bear with me. Android Device Manager is normally enabled by default in Samsung Security settings unless you disabled it or using other security.

If you have a pc or Internet access log in to your Google account here
    www.google.com/android/devicemanager

Select Lock, add a real or fake contact number possibly and a return me if found kinda message for the lock screen so you know it has been set. It will ask you to set a new pw/pin.
    Use the contact dial button and hang up to bring up the keyboard/ dialpad on the Mega, you can switch between the two.

You may know this already, I don't know.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=283020

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=298808
    belodion likes this.
    03-30-2015 06:55 PM
    Hi Madd54, thanks for your help. I entered random combinations of passwords in 45 times to try to force it to ask for my gmail account info. However, all I got were 30 second timeouts after every 5 incorrect attempts. I then tried using the Android Device Manager to lock the phone but I keep getting the following message "To use the lock or erase options, you need to turn them on for the selected device. Send it a notification to get started.". Any other ideas?
    03-30-2015 11:18 PM
    Never heard of that message. I guess ADM is not enabled or you have company encryption.

Ask any store to try the recovery mode sequence for you. There are images of the screen above.
    I will be at work in London. There is an ADM forum here under "Security".
    03-31-2015 03:47 AM
    Hi Madd54,
    I just had a quick question. I am wondering if my phone volume button is broken.

If your phone has a password and you have not logged in is it possible for you to turn your phone volume up? The reason why I ask is that I know the power button works, I know the home button works, however I have no way of knowing if the phone volume button works? If there is an issue with the volume button that could be the reason I have not been able to use the standard reset to factory settings procedure.
    03-31-2015 07:21 PM
    Hi Madd54,
    I just had a quick question. I am wondering if my phone volume button is broken.

If your phone has a password and you have not logged in is it possible for you to turn your phone volume up? The reason why I ask is that I know the power button works, I know the home button works, however I have no way of knowing if the phone volume button works? If there is an issue with the volume button that could be the reason I have not been able to use the standard reset to factory settings procedure.
    Sorry I didn't get back. I tried that before "turning in' and switched my pc off.
    No, I tried to see if the volume slider came up while locked (I normally have swipe only but locked it).

So you had no way of checking the volume buttons while locked that I could think of.

You can start another thread and may get better responses.
    Have a look at Android Central Community - General Help and How To forum, and you can also raise it in Introductions, and say hi to site ambassadors who may know more. (strike that - who "will know more")

Or I hope you managed to sort it by now.

On Edit: I see you found the Mega 6.3 forum but it's been quiet there.
    04-01-2015 09:55 AM