Does the US version come with octa core or quad core?

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused as to which processor we're getting in the USA. I read cnets review and they said that only the international version gets the octa core and the usa gets a quad core . Does anyone know for sure?

I ordered the 32 gig wifi model from Amazon.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused as to which processor we're getting in the USA. I read cnets review and they said that only the international version gets the octa core and the usa gets a quad core . Does anyone know for sure?

I ordered the 32 gig wifi model from Amazon.
I'm pretty sure it's the same for this tablet as it is for all Samsung phones/tablets where the U.S. gets the Snapdragon variant which has 4 cores clocked higher while the International gets the lower clocked octa core processor

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
From reading Jerry's review it seems that the WiFi version comes with the Octa core. Or at least the version he had.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wrong. ALL WiFi models will use OctaCore. LTE-enabled versions will need QuadCore. So if you ordered the WiFi-only model from Amazon, you're getting a shiny, new, Exynos-powered tablet powerhouse.

UPDATE: Well, now I'm not so sure. Some sites claim that the US will be getting a QuadCore device, but they don't say if it applies to LTE-enabled devices only or not. However, if it helps, the official Samsung USA spec page does say you're getting an Exynos OctaCore (it just divides it into its two QuadCore hearts).
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...axy-tab%2FSM-P6000ZKVXAR-specs&token=6F_p2SL9

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So it's the OctaCore? (It's never really been 8 cores, it's always been 2 quadcores...and Samsung's working on a patch that would allow all eight cores to work together quite soon :) )

Romoko

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
In case you want something official
sSWCZWU.jpg

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Is the snapdragon 800 version for sale anywhere? I noticed the benchmarks for it is on the 3dmark device list, and it's not the note 3 version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton