Question about picking up the SGN 10.1 2014

Derrick Ray

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
This is probably going to seem like a silly question but here goes. With the SGN 10.1 2014 slated for a Thursday (10/10) release does that mean that on Thursday I'll be able to swing down to my local best buy and just pick one up in person?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forum David!

That's not a silly question whatsoever! I happen to know the answer to this because I just asked them at Best Buy myself and the answer is a resounding 'Yes!' I'm chomp'n at the bit for the 10.1 (I just returned my Sony Xperia Tablet Z).

Best Buy is also doing pre-orders (as is Amazon) and I'll be there waiting to pick mine up on Thursday!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It's gonna be frick'n AWESOME! I have the Note 3 and the Note 8 (for work). I will have...THE TRINITY. I can't wait!

Note 8.0

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
They are available for shipping now from TigerDirect. I bought mine last week 10/1 with overnight shipping and got it on 10/2.

Derrick Ray

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all for the replies.

So, if I go online now and preorder I'll be able to waltz down there Thursday morning and pick it up? Or do I just go there on Thursday? I'm pretty excited about trying this thing out. I've had nothing but iPads as far as tablets go (iPad 2, 3 and 4). Just switched to the galaxy s4 for my phone and was on the fence about updating to an android tablet. Then someone decided to help themself to my backpack with my iPad (among alot of other things) inside. Once that happened I decided it was time to try something different. As much as I loved my iPads I've been doing nothing but b*tching about them for years so I guess fate stepped in and decided it was time for me to stop whining and do something about it

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on which store you go to and what the inventory VS pre-orders is. Your best bet is to make a pre-order and have them deliver it to you on Thursday but before you go into a store, I'd call first or check for availability online. This is a great product but if we're perfectly honest, it's not a megahyped one as, say, a new iPad launch. While that means you have a bigger chance of going into a store and finding one, it also means the store is not stocking as many units since it doesn't anticipate a great rush to get them.

That and the price tag pretty much scares a lot of people away from this tablet. Unfortunately I'm not in the US (but somewhat close) so I'll have to wait until I have a trip or my friends have something else to go shop for.

Cody Spradlin

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
As for Tiger Direct, looks like they only had two. I ordered mine as soon as I heard anyone on here actually had one in hand, (said in-stock) and it went on backorder IMMEDIATELY and now it's still on backorder. And if it stays past the preorder date, there will be words had.

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, they had them in stock at my local Best Buy but no model out for display and when they tried to ring it up, their system wouldn't let them sell it to me, said it was not yet available for sale. And to portray exactly how knowledgeable their staff is, nobody had any clue when it would actually go on sale, including the employee staffing their Samsung section-- he thought it was, and I quote, 'sometime next week, I think.' :confused:

With that I let them know Amazon would likely be getting my business.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, they had them in stock at my local Best Buy but no model out for display and when they tried to ring it up, their system wouldn't let them sell it to me, said it was not yet available for sale. And to portray exactly how knowledgeable their staff is, nobody had any clue when it would actually go on sale, including the employee staffing their Samsung section-- he thought it was, and I quote, 'sometime next week, I think.' :confused:

With that I let them know Amazon would likely be getting my business.

Sorry...hopefully you will get it soon. It is nice!

As for Tiger Direct, looks like they only had two. I ordered mine as soon as I heard anyone on here actually had one in hand, (said in-stock) and it went on backorder IMMEDIATELY and now it's still on backorder. And if it stays past the preorder date, there will be words had.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk now Free

Cody Spradlin

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Phab, are you an android fairy? As SOON as I read that, my email alert dinged, TD changed the status to shipped with a tracking number, although the tracking number is still not active. It's supposed to be delivered ON the 10th.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
According to the agreement with vendors, Samsung has shipped the units to them but they're not allowed to sell them or have customers receive them before tomorrow.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The reviews I'm reading all say the same thing. That it's a bit laggy. I guess I'll find out for myself tomorrow. I'll have 45 days to test drive it as a Best Buy Elite Plus customer.

from my Note 3

Last edited:

sacerdos

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The reviews I'm reading all say the same thing. That it's a bit laggy. I guess I'll out for myself tomorrow. I'll have 45 days to test drive it as a Best Buy Elite Plus customer.

from my Note 3

Same with me...I probably won't notice the lag (coming from a Transformer Infinity with all of its problems, so any lags won't 'register' in my brain). I also have 45 days, so I'll play around with all the new tabs until I find one I'll settle on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Han Solo 1

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The reviews I'm reading all say the same thing. That it's a bit laggy. I guess I'll out for myself tomorrow. I'll have 45 days to test drive it as a Best Buy Elite Plus customer.

from my Note 3

Same here. Within 45 days I'm sure iPad 5 and Nexus 10 will be out, so if I return it I won't be without a tablet for more than a few minutes!

Sent from my Crapple iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11